Wi-Fi @ Hotel New York

Started by Livvipivvi, February 23, 2014, 08:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya, I have also posted this question in the "Resort" area of the forum, but I didnt know if that was the right place, so I thought I'd put it here too :D .

We are staying at the Hotel New York in May and have read that the TV channels are poor in the rooms, so we are planning on taking our DD's iPads with us.  We subscribe to lovefilm, so thought that they could stream.

What is the Wi-Fi like in the rooms though, is it any good? Would it be good enough to allow 2 iPads to stream at the same time?

TIA :D x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

haribosmum

The wifi was fine in the room, we had 3 of us on it at the same time.  The only thing with lovefilm etc is I'm not sure if you can watch from a foreign isp?  I know we couldn't do Netflix on the ipad over there. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

danogian

Same with Sky Go - I've never managed to get that to work outside the UK. The only streaming type thing I've ever got working overseas is MLB.tv (Major League Baseball).

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

Livvipivvi

Ah right, Okies thank you for your advice both  :) .  I'll look into the streaming policy with love film.  We've got Netflix too, so looks like a re-think is needed  :( .

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Emmajane

Can't help on wifi I'm afraid but I do know that if you download programmes from bbc I player (cbeebies etc) before you leave the country, they don't need wifi/internet to play. It's been a lifesaver on many occasion for us during family trips!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Emmajane on February 25, 2014, 10:49:35 AM
Can't help on wifi I'm afraid but I do know that if you download programmes from bbc I player (cbeebies etc) before you leave the country, they don't need wifi/internet to play. It's been a lifesaver on many occasion for us during family trips!

Good thinking Emmajane, I love this idea.  My girls iPads are crammed at the mo, but most of its rubbish so I need to do a good clean up on them anyway.  This will give me a good reason  :D [size=78%] [/size]