Inventions v's Cafe Mickeys

Started by Livvipivvi, February 14, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princesshollypop

How much extra do you pay on top of the half board vouchers for inventions? I love it there.

polar vixen

Alos, I know inventions is a buffet with a strong seafood theme, but what exactly does that mean?  Can anyone please give me a better description of what we can expet to find on the buffet, especially among the hot food?

michellemumof2xx

When we were there last week, there was soup, bread, spaghetti, creamy mash, lamb in a sauce, beef (braised) in sauce, pizza, all the seafood, something with mushrooms which we avoided! Then all the deserts. Was very nice, but not very us. It was worth the experience but we were not full! Hope this helps, Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

polar vixen

Yes, it helped, but it not like I wanted it to!  My family are nearly all gluten free, we can usually manage at the buffets, but if we're using our half board vouchers, and then paying extra for invnetions, I want us to at least be ab;e to eat!  Thanks for sharing! :)

sarahmumof4

Have never eaten in inventions so can't comment on it but we ate at cafe Mickey on Tuesday of this week and I was very impressed . We ate there 3 years ago and it was amazing . However last years visit was very disappointing . Things have definitely improved though and the menu  choice better  / food nicer
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

polar vixen

I've just had a look at the menus and realized they'd changed, pleasantly, there was now quite a bit on it that my family can eat, so we'll probably try there one night, although due to my kids needs, I could do with it being as quiet as possible, is there any particular nights that are quieter/busier?, or particular times?
(We'll be there in June)

Livvipivvi

Thanks for your replies everyone.  Looks like a few people are interested in this topic  :D

Quote from: Princesshollypop on February 21, 2014, 05:13:38 PM
How much extra do you pay on top of the half board vouchers for inventions? I love it there.

I too am interested to the answer to this question  :) .  We've got the half board plus vouchers.  I'm sure I've read somewhere that it works out about an additional 20euro per person, but I don't know how accurate that is, the figures could have been really out of date.  I'm hoping someone will be able to shed more light on it  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

polar vixen

You might notice this as i opened another section, but read some fresh reviews of cafe mickey and they're very very bad.  Apparently the steakhouse in the village for a character brunch on a sunday from 12-3, have a great buffet, a little lighter on the seafood, and that's on;y 40 euros per adult, about 22 a child, so wouldn't be too much extra on top of you half board plus vouchers.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: polar vixen on February 23, 2014, 10:23:23 PM
You might notice this as i opened another section, but read some fresh reviews of cafe mickey and they're very very bad.  Apparently the steakhouse in the village for a character brunch on a sunday from 12-3, have a great buffet, a little lighter on the seafood, and that's on;y 40 euros per adult, about 22 a child, so wouldn't be too much extra on top of you half board plus vouchers.

Aw never  :( . Whats being said about Cafe Mickeys?  Love the sound of the Steakhouse, a friend of mine who's been to dlp quite a few times loves it there.  The Sunday brunch is no good for us though, we are arriving about 1.30pm on a Sunday and leaving on Thursday.  Do you know if this is on in the Steakhouse on any other days?

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

polar vixen

No sorry it's just Sundays, purple commissioning in cafe Mickeys about food quality and time taken for service it was on this board, breakfast is supposed to be good there though? Having said that everyone had different experiences, hotfoot you'll have a good one!

seraphelle

Hi,

We went to both Inventions and Cafe Mickey last year when we visited in October, and as much fun as it was in Cafe Mickey (Chip n Dale were HILARIOUS, I was crying with laughter at one point), I felt it was very overpriced and manic. I much preferred Inventions as did my husband and kids, the character interaction is brilliant. We even tried the Disney wine and it wasn't half bad! Also, just across from Inventions is a cocktail bar (I think Fantastia its called). They do lovely cocktails for kids in novelty cups with light up decorations for them to keep once they've drunk the cocktails. This was one of my girls favourite things about the whole trip (easily pleased my lot!  ;D  )
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019