So many questions!

Started by Nicknocks, January 20, 2014, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicknocks

We are going 27th-31st of march I honestly cant wait! Whats you best tips to meet as many characters as poss?
As its my birthday while we are out there we have booked a character meal at cafe mickey but that's on a Saturday so I imagine that will be fairly busy. So im thinking if booking a character breakfast as well.

Also is it really worth paying the extra to stay in the golden forest club?

What are the cots like in sequoia lodge? Are they travel cots? I am taking my 2 year who is very good at waking up and wondering about at home. Im thinking of asking for a cot for him so its not as easy.

crewsix

I would recommend Golden Forest Club,  At every breakfast, theres no appointed times you go when youd like, you have a separate breakfast room which is quiet no queing no scrums.  Mostly its amazing for the characters, every day theres 2-3 characters at breakfast they come around each table and spend some time with each family.  On our stay we had mickey, minnie, donald, daisy, eeyore, goofy, and my hubby is saying pluto not 100% sure lol  No just for characters its well worth the upgrade. 
Also other perks are
Separate check in area, wee cubicle you go into with sweets you check in, get information (very personal)
Rooms are brilliant big, nepresso machine which you get new coffee pods each day
Another big perk for us was the free tea/coffee/Fizzy Drinks and Soft Drinks which we used and we also were able to take some cans away with us for the parks and night time.
Between 4-6pm theres Snacks, which consist of buns and cakes, sweets, lots of fruit (Again you can take away with you)
Childrens travel cots are brilliant very comfy and clean. 

Nicknocks

Ive just looked it up and it would cost a extra £90 for our stay to upgrade to the golden forest (that's not a lake view room but im not fussed over that).

If we stayed in the GF and were meeting characters at every breakfast would I be correct in thinking that paying for a character breakfast at cafe mickey would be pointless?

I was intending on going half board plus so in theory if we stayed in the GF we could eat merrily at breakfast, maybe take a few bits away with us in nibble during the day. Pop back at tea time grab more bits and drinks then have a full evening meal.

In a round about way it would then actually save us some money as we wouldn't really need to pay for drinks (neither i or my other half drink alcohol so that's not a big deal) and could grab snacks for free and get to see characters at every breakfast to boot!! Will discuss with the other half and see what he says.

Aurora1

I would also recommend GFC. We loved it last october. The weather wasn`t all to good, so we took advantage of the lounge.
As for the characters, there`s always a chance to meet others at a character meal then at breakfast.
Also if you have time, check out the other hotels for there characters in the morning. They have information boards, when (more or less on time) which character will be there. At the DLH there are even more then two, sometimes the ones you don`t see in the others.
In the studios, before stars and cars, the characters are out (check the schedule for times).
In DLP around Bella notte restaurant, they tend to come out too.

Have a great trip!!

gemma2806

Definitely recommend the upgrade to GFC. I've stayed at the Sequoia several times and at GFC for the first time last November. We have now agreed that anytime we stay at the Sequoia it will always be in the GFC! There are plenty of characters at breakfast and over the course of 7 days we saw all the major ones ie Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and also Eeyore. You're never rushed and can head down whenever you want. The lounge area is wonderful for a rest at anytime during the day till 11pm at night. All the soft drinks are included in the price but if you wish to have an alcoholic drink ( the Bailey's hot chocolate is amazing on a cold night!) the staff will simply take your order pop across to the Redwood Bar for you and return with your drink, just pay the staff when you want a drink from the bar.

On our last trip we also booked a character meal at Cafe Mickey for breakfast for the 1st sitting and I still definitely recommend doing this as you get even more characters such as Pinocchio, Gepetto, Tigger and Chip and Dale as well as the main characters.

There are always characters around the entrance to Liberty Arcade by the Storybook Store. We saw Duffy and Rabbit here last time. Characters tend to appear daily near Star Tours in Discoveryland first thing in the morning and usually wearing their spacesuits! We've seen space Minnie! Mickey and Goofy here along with villains such as Governor Radcliffe.

If there are any specific characters you wish to see then pop into City Hall and ask if your chosen character is out and about in the park and if so where and when.

The cot we were offered in September 2012 at the Sequoia was a Graco Travel Cot and although it seemed reasonable the bedding was not adequate and it didn't look to comfy but that is just my opinion. It seemed more similar to a travel play pen than a cot! Fortunately we did not need it in the end and were able to use a trundle bed instead.