FROZEN: the ride

Started by Japperboy, January 09, 2014, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japperboy

Frozen is brand new, but it's already a hit!
I think it's a movie our children and even our grandchildren will enjoy, so why not make a ride of it.
I taught about a bobsled-coasterride like the matterhorn
When you enter the attraction, you enter the castle of Arendelle in a snowy setting. Inside you see some of the paintings of the movie, also some family pictures of Anna and Elsa. a hall takes you to a winter wonderland where an animatronic Olaf welcomes you. He sends you to a queste to search elsa and help anna finding her.
the ride begins: you enter a little snowy chalet where you see Oaken: "yoohoo, big summer blow out!"
the ride takes some height, and you see Sven and Kristoff trying to climb the mountain.

When you are finally on top, the actual coaster begins. At a fast speed you see snowy mountains, maybe some wolves and thebig mean Marshmallow. The ride slows down and brings you to the ice castle of elsa, you hear the 'let it go' tune and Elsa on a balcony using her power. we got struck by her magic powers (some kind of icy effect or some sharp icicles getting out of the ground. the ride goes again faster and brings you to the trolls.

Now you have to make speed to the castle where Hans is trying to kill elsa but Anna saves her. it would be a cool effect to have an animatronic anna who gets totally frozen. Elsa cries over her frozen sister and we go to the last scene. where we see the winter melting and a segment of Olaf singing summer with the hole gang.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

Aurora1

pfspock

Well, apparently the Maelstrom-Boatride at Epcot is to be replaced with a Frozen ride. So you may get your wish somehow

Japperboy

wow, thats great! I looked it up right away and i found this article http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/epws-norway.htm
For now it's only a rumour,but it seems that their is always something new at disneyland and disneyworld:
New Fantasyland with the new seven mine train comming up, avatar-land, cars land, frozen, ... too bad disneyland paris is much slower in making rides.
A dream come true would be to have some of the great rides of the USA or new disney rides brought to disneyland paris. But i better 'let it Go!' :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

aquacat2

Sounds good but out of the two disney parks in Paris where would you put it?
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Japperboy

I think the ride belongs at Fantasyland, so the disneyland park. But where to put it? perhaps next to 'contes de fées'?

MarijnM

Fantasyland would be a good location. What about building a mountain that looks like Matterhorn a having the whole ride insinde that mountain?

In fact I'd rather even see a complete themed area for Frozen, the size of Carsland. A combination of a darkride and a thrill ride like Radiator Springs Racers would be great for Frozen. Two more infill rides and a replica of Arendelle Castle in a Norwegian setting. I think that would a good yet unrealistic idea.
The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play! - Anna of Arendelle

Japperboy

Well that's a great idea!! I'll welcome Frozen land :D
but then it needs more attractions:

- Elza's castle  playland with ice slides
- Olaf's 3d adventure where you can throw projected snowballs and maybe build your own olaf (kinda like toystory mania)
- oakens snowhut to relax and buy some disney gifts
- Sven's reindeer ride a sleighride with Sven

MarijnM

Quote from: Japperboy on January 13, 2014, 10:46:38 PM
- Elza's castle  playland with ice slides
- Olaf's 3d adventure where you can throw projected snowballs and maybe build your own olaf (kinda like toystory mania)
- oakens snowhut to relax and buy some disney gifts
- Sven's reindeer ride a sleighride with Sven

I think Olaf is a good idea, but what about a Stitch-live ish attraction but only then featuring Olaf? I think that would be great!
Oaken's trading post is also a good idea.
The reindeer ride could maybe be a simulator like Star Tours and Soarin'

Which would give us the following elements for the area:

-Gigantic combination of Darkride and Coaster like RSR featuring elements from the movie. Think of everything you could do with videomapping for Elsa's snow powers!

-Sleigh Ride with Sven (Simulator)

-Olaf Live

-Oaken's trading post (gift shop)

I still miss two things now, which are Arendelle Castle and a restaurant.

If the area could be the city of Arendelle itself with the Fjord beside it and the mountains in the background, the castle can function as the entrance of the main ride, because it will look appealing, and the interior can be the queue. This way visitors can have a look at the castle from outside but also from the inside since that is the queue.

A restaurant and the other two rides can be found in other parts of the city, and Oaken's trading post a little out of town.
That's my idea of a great Frozen themed area, anyone agree or have better have better ideas?  ;D
The sky's awake, so I'm awake, so we have to play! - Anna of Arendelle