New Year Wish List For Magic Forum

Started by bad-pink-tink, January 02, 2014, 06:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

Now that we are in 2014, does anyone else feel that Magic Forum needs some love and attention?

I know that 2013 a big move was made to SMF but am I the only one who notices that since the move Magic Forum is looking a bit tired and worn.

1. Missing links and photos
Since the move all the photos embedded on the old forum have been lost. Go though threads from 2011, 2010 etc and you will see none of the photos made the transition.

2. Smiley and emoticons
The current set is just the basic generic SMF set. It would be nice to get some more, either individual ones or a new set. It is very easy to customize and add some better smilieys and emoticons.

3. How about a LIKE option for every post, similar to Facebook
Magic Forum gets alot of visitors, many of whom come here for the amazing information posted by members. A LIKE option on every post would be a way of recognizing and thanking those members whose vast knowledge is a great help .

These are just some of my thoughts and ideas, what does everyone else think?

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

ed-uk

I don't know what to think having never run a forum. It's always nice to get some feed back and a thank you if members of the forum have been able to help with some trip advice. So no.3  a LIKE option might be good.
I can't really remember the old forum now I've got used to the new one. The old Forum collapsed, it did become unstable and went down a few times whatever the technical term is for it and they had to move to a new server, but they weren't able to do that before losing some threads, apparently, I haven't checked. The old forum got rather quiet at times, threads just seem to run their cause. Many of us would miss this forum if it wasn't here so i don't think i can say much, except thanks.
Ed & David

bad-pink-tink

ed-uk

I run my own SMF forum, and I know how easy it is to do these very basic changes  SMF have a very good technical site where there are lots of customization available. I have added the LIKE option on my forum

Also these are some of the smilies /emoticons I have added to my forum, this is just an example of what can be added to Magic Forum

some of these are static and some are animated
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on January 02, 2014, 06:49:58 PM
Now that we are in 2014, does anyone else feel that Magic Forum needs some love and attention?

I know that 2013 a big move was made to SMF but am I the only one who notices that since the move Magic Forum is looking a bit tired and worn.

1. Missing links and photos
Since the move all the photos embedded on the old forum have been lost. Go though threads from 2011, 2010 etc and you will see none of the photos made the transition.

These are just some of my thoughts and ideas, what does everyone else think?

The photo's are a tad difficult, the bbcode the old forum system uses, indulges a little in the mental but can usually be manually fixed.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

SVioletS

First of all thanks for the forum! I`m sure it helps a lot of us when we are planning, when we wish to know what's going on in the park or, most of all when we are homesick!
Second i would really like to have a "Like" button. I don't feel so strongly about the emoticons, so whatever comes is ok by me!
I just miss  some of the discussions that were held sometimes... But i guess that's up to us member! ;)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DLRP Roundup!

Just a quick idea, SMF has a little feature called Karma, beside each posters name you could [Like] and it'd give them a little helpful point?

Would that be good?
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts