My First Merchandise From A Disney Park

Started by bad-pink-tink, November 30, 2013, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

ok, title says it all. What is the first piece of merchandise you bought at a Disney Park which began your collection.

Mine is a large plush Lady toy from DisneyWorld Florida from our family holiday in 1992. That started my Lady & The Tramp plush toy collection and I now have about 40, both Lady & Scamp of all different sizes from various countries.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Disneyprincesswannab

My first purchase was an Arribas Goofy from Harrington's on Main Street-34 pieces later I am still collecting but running rapidly out of room and euros!! Still the first thing I buy though on every visit-can't come home without one x

nathalie

my first was a Lion King drinking cup with a straw inside, back in 2004  :o

loulou169

Mine was a white porcelain Mickey Mouse toothbrush holder and soap dispenser from the shop in ToT. Bought it 2 years ago and panic everytime it's used incase it breaks! It's started me off buying bits and bobs around the house!
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

SwipatronSparks

mine was a small pooh bear plush (similar in size and stuffing style to the ty beeny baby plush's) wearing a a little yellow and red raincoat and hat, he has a little tag calling him rainy day pooh and he was my first thing i bought at disneyland =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

mnewcourt

I really don't remember what my first merchandise was. I believe a baseball cap or a coffee mug.

DisneyG83

I believe mine was a Dopey hat which my mum bought me during our first trip to Disneyland Paris in 2003. It's now a tradition that when I go to the parks, I have to buy a new hat or ears to add to the my forever growing Disney collection haha!
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

ScarletteDreams

Mine was a Mickey doll, got it when I was 6, I held it in my arms the whole 2 days, was so proud of it, had to be on every picture lol ;)

msRavenswood

My first purchase was a set of Mickey and Minnie resin figurines. I bought them during my first visit in 1998.

ewormas

I bought a moving mickey holding a lantern for on top of my Christmas tree! It cost roughly £65 way back in 1996 so everyone gets told off if they go near the tree!

Esti

I think mine was a regular Mickey plush, back in 1998, when I was 5. I bought a few more plushes that same trip though: an Indian Mickey (I was staying at the Cheyenne, so I had to buy it :) ), Pluto with a Christmas scarf and Minnie in her wedding dress. Years later a friend of my parents went to DLP and brought back a groom Mickey for me. Best present ever!

DisneyMichelle

OMG I cant even remember. My first Visit was back in 1992.

I would imagine as a family one of the first we brought would have been a snow globe. We have a really nice collection now.

I also have so many plushes which I am saving for my own children when I have them  :)
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

My first merchandise is from Disneyland Paris with the opening in 1992.
I was three years old, and I got a Minnie Mouse plush from my dad, which I still have!

My first ever piece of merchandise that I purchased with my own money was a Sorcerer Mickey painting which I bought in 2008.
It's this one.... back then you could buy it in actual painting with a frame. It was 250€ frame included.
Now it's only available in canvas without frame.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Joyce_Disney

That would be a Mickey plushie, which my mom got me when I was 4. :P I'm 24 now. ;)
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

Ian D. Dicks

A pirate Mickey plush from our first visit. I think it must've been around 1994 since it still has EuroDisney branding, even though the park was Disneyland Paris by then.

Also from that same trip, a PotC bandanna. No idea what happened to that, though, might have disintegrated from spending so much time on my greazy 8-year-old head! ;D