Help with planning trip for January 2014

Started by EmmaH, November 25, 2013, 02:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of help please for a trip we have planned for in January 2014, this will be our second trip and I want to make sure we don't miss out on the same things as last time.

We are a party of 5 (DH, DS1 age 7, DS2 age 5 and DD1 age 3 and me staying for 5 days) we missed out on the fireworks during our last trip and I really want to make sure we see them this time round. I found the main problem was tiredness by the end of the day the kids were knackered so we would go for dinner and then back to the hotel for bed. We also always ate in the village which meant we would be going back and forth to the park.

As we arrive on Monday I think the fireworks will be too late for the kids to see on the first day but on Tuesday I was thinking after the parade at 4pm we go for dinner at Walts and then back to the castle for the firework show at closing time which I'm guessing will be 7pm?

DS2 also missed out on meeting Buzz Lightyear and DD1 missed meeting the princesses at the pavilion,  hopefully we will get it right on this visit.

Any tips on timings?
Thanks

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

peep

You're plan of the parade then to Walts and then the show sounds good. If the park is closing at 7pm that will be the time Winter Dreams will be on (or will the normal version be on after Christmas season?). I'd just make sure the family watched the parade from near Walts and reserve a table (even if the park isn't busy it might be a nice idea to let them know your group of 5 will be arriving after the parade).

In regards to Buzz I'm afraid I have no tips or anything, I don't think he's a character they specifically time on guides too which is a little frustrating if you have someone in your group who wants to meet him.

Princess pavilion is sometimes only open during certain hours so I'd make sure you get there for when it opens or just before as the queues can build quite quickly for that.

Sounds like you generally have a good idea of what you want to do etc. Have a great trip.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

captain rocket

Buzz Lightyear has his own meet and greet in Walt Disney studios. It is located in Toon Studios and when I was there last week it was scheduled for 10.30 to 12.45.

EmmaH

Thank you for the replies, I will definitely reserve a table at Walts. We went to the Buzz meet and greet but was told because it was wet the character couldn't come out. Hoping for drier weather this time round, although it only rained once whilst we were there, but boy did it rain!! I'm pleased to hear that the meet and greet is still on.

Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: EmmaH on December 09, 2013, 09:05:56 PM
Thank you for the replies, I will definitely reserve a table at Walts. We went to the Buzz meet and greet but was told because it was wet the character couldn't come out. Hoping for drier weather this time round, although it only rained once whilst we were there, but boy did it rain!! I'm pleased to hear that the meet and greet is still on.

Be sure to ask for Buzz's autograph whilst you're in the queue - although he doesn't sign, you can get his personalised stamp in your book from the CM  ;).

Sulley's Arms
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]