15th Castle & Park Decorations

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Most, if not all, decorations will stay!

GrandiJoos

Quote from: "raptor1982"Most, if not all, decorations will stay!
Well, I suppose the candles look good, even when there is no party. But they have to add a candle each year!!!

GrandiJoos :cool:

Kristof

Just to clarify, they'll stay up after the 15th Anniversary, through the Celebrations Continues Big Time and will then be taken down.

The Butlin Boy

New banners have been added in the Emporium:

Source: Mousy.be

Nala_84

So the "15" on the castle will really stay & they won't add a candle?

This sounds sooo silly, it's great they keep all the advantages of the celebration, but I still can't and surely will never understand why they celebrate a 15th anniversary two years long  #-o  ](*,) :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Owain

Quote from: "Nala_84"So the "15" on the castle will really stay & they won't add a candle?

This sounds sooo silly, it's great they keep all the advantages of the celebration, but I still can't and surely will never understand why they celebrate a 15th anniversary two years long  #-o  ](*,) :mrgreen:
Because, as i hope im right. The 15th anniversary has pulled in so much money and people that they might aswell take advantage of it and have it for another year.

Anyone no if this celebration has made more money and more people come to the resort than when space mountain opened ?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Owain"Anyone no if this celebration has made more money and more people come to the resort than when space mountain opened ?

I would have fought so, yes. But we won't be able to know until at least April when the 15th campaign ends (sort of! :wink: )

a.newton

Sorry if this has been covered here, new to this forum and haven't read all 170 odd posts for the castle decorations!

I saw them in January and thought they were great, really tasteful. It's such a beautiful castle that you still want to be able to see it even when it's decorated!

Does anyone remember the fifth birthday (I think it was 5th) decorations with those big hats and stuff. I have to say I really disliked it,  :cry:  you couldn't see the castle properly, it was just really degrading somehow! You always want to take lots of photos of the castle, but I didn't take many that visit!

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"Anyone no if this celebration has made more money and more people come to the resort than when space mountain opened ?
Oh yes, definitely! Some 2 million more visitors, or thereabouts. (Although they have two parks, etc. now)

I can understand why a lot of people here might not like continuing the celebration, but a lot of the "public" might have missed last year and, given this final chance, book a trip to DLRP to catch the celebrations. Other people might return because they enjoyed it so much. Most people only visit once a year, if that!

I think it'd be weird to end the anniversary just as Stitch and the major attraction we've waited 6 years for finally open anyway. :)

Can anyone actually remember what Main Street looks like without those giant white poles for the banners/chandeliers? :lol:

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Can anyone actually remember what Main Street looks like without those giant white poles for the banners/chandeliers? :lol:

Don´t know anymore  :-k  Must be like this:

(pic by laughingplace.com

:P  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

:lol: It looks so strange without them though! Here's a few from my archives...

(Love the abandoned stroller, lol)

Do you think Main Street will ever return to this "bare" look? Will the Central Plaza Stage be permanent now? :?

Poppy The Monkey

I miss it like that, Main Street looks so much bigger!

Aaron

I like this 'open' mainstreet more!
I know it's better for the resort to extend their celebrations, but i'm a little bit done with the decorations.

Riebi

:mrgreen: Baloo thanx for clearing my mind :mrgreen:  Never remembered the old one.  :lol:

I must say: I like both. I like the way of the main street without decorations but I also like the 15. deco very much. And cause it will be the original main street after the party (or maybe they party till 20.  :? ) it´s ok to see the 15. birthday style main street a bit longer!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

The whole resort is going to look naked after the 15 celebrations finish and all the decorations come down! (how good would it be if we could buy something, e.g. banner, castle candle)
!Magic Everywhere