Your Travel Essentials

Started by bad-pink-tink, November 20, 2013, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad-pink-tink

As many of us here are experienced travelers, what are some of your essentials that you always pack and are there anythings which you packed on your first trip but once you got there found you did not need and have never taken with you since?

Whether I am going to Disney or just on a general holiday I always pack a mini first aid kit. I have a small makeup bag especially for my mini first aid kit and I pack  things like re-hydration sachets, plasters, over the counter painkillers, a nail scissors, a mini sewing kit, mini packet of wipes, mini packet of tissues and a few other items depending on where I am going.

I think I did take a small travel iron once, which I didn't use and its been along time since I have ironed any clothes when on holiday. Now I pack clothes which are low maintenance  wasting time ironing when in Disney  I don't think so ..lol   :)

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

SVioletS

Hmmm what i always pack is pain killers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol, a thermometer (kids), an extra pair of shoes (1st time we went to DLP and one night it rained really heavy my snickers got soaked i had to blow dry them because i didn't have extra shoes!), ponchos for the rain, lots of clothes for the girls... and i think thats it! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

bad-pink-tink

yes ponchos and comfortable shoes are defiantly and essential for DLP. I always bring at least 2 pairs

stitch147

I always take pain killers, 2 pairs of comfy shoes, ponchos are a must (just in case), and I always double check that I have my camera charger!

loulou169

I always take loads of batteries, Ive got rechargeable ones now so not so bad! Paracetamol for me and my girls, extra clothes, shoes, snacks for the room as they always get hungry once we are back from walking all day (even after dinner!), Converter plugs, and I think thats it! I always wing it, then get on the train and think Ive forgotten something! : )
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

*Pixie*Dust*

I usually go in the winter time November usually so a hat, scarf, gloves, warm comfy boots, thermal walking socks and for parade time those little reusable hand warmers they are great for inside your pockets!

Xxx

idylles

I always bring my Disney clothes, when I'm at the park I always buy some sweaters in Main Street so I have quite the collection.  I know it's windy in the parks and the entrances so I love sweaters.  I also bring my most comfortable shoes, and coincidence, they're from DLP as well.  So I'm all themed to go lol.

General stuff on travels are Paracetamol (because I have a lot of headaches when I travel), my insurance and stuff to drive (also that card with the international help number and shizzle), a camera, a smaller camera like my iPod, my iPad for some wifi goodness in the hotel, etc... 

And of course all the battery chargers for those electronics lol.  That's about it.  Oh, I also take an extra bag with me, because I always buy collectors items or just souvenirs. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

RockNRoller

Just after the summer holidays I raid the supermarket bargain bins for travel size toiletries, less weight to carry also more space for souveniers. Also throughout the year I keep all my old socks that I would normally throw out because they have holes in and take them to Disney. Wear them and then chuck them (dont worry I normally put them inside a bad of some sort to hide what they are) again more space for souveniers.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Samninetysix

*Pixie*Dust*

bad-pink-tink

A few other  things I always bring are spare plastic bags, electric adapters for my phone charger.

I also only change the time on watch and keep my phone on my home timezone. That way I never have to do that mental maths scramble, of its 3pm in Disney so what time is at home.  :D

shewholaughs

Definitely some painkillers!

Phone chargers / camera charger, and adaptors.

A proper hairdryer - saves time if the hotel one isn't powerful enough, or not supplied. Wet hair in winter is not fun.

I've invested in those reheatable hand warmers this year as I always go in winter - plus some proper fitting gloves.

Extra thick socks.

Blister plasters.

I always bring small fruit - like easy peel tangerines, apples, mini bananas. Great to stash in my bag and easy to eat in the queue if I'm hungry, and stops me gorging or those Mickey Mouse brioches  :-[

A refillable water bottle that doesn't leak!!!!

I've also just downloaded the DLP iPhone app - hoping that's going to be useful so I don't have to keep pulling out a map and refolding it and stuffing it back in my bag.

Ravenseye

Travel kettle + tea bags etc...

'Moleskin' plasters for hot spots on feet

Small first aid kit

Insurance!

Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Savorn

I always pack a bag with stuff I need right away. This includes:

• my reservation,
  • money, id/drivers license/car papers,
  • my mobile with charger,
  • medication like painkillers,
  • a drink or two,
  • sunglasses
And for the rest I'd like to bring a travelkettle with some hot chocolate and teabags and my laptop to transfer my pictures to very same day I take 'm :)
1993 - Sequoia Lodge • 2011 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Santa Fe • 2012 - Halloween Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2013 - Sequoia Lodge Summer Holiday & Christmas Season in Sequoia Lodge • 2014 - HiPark Serris • 2015 - HiPark Serris • 2016 Vienna Dream Castle & Davy Crocket Ranch & Hotel New York & B&B Hotel • 12-04-2017 25th Anniversary • 2017 Newport Bay Club for RunDisney (5 and 10K) & Cheyenne

Samninetysix

Quote from: shewholaughs on November 25, 2013, 06:21:10 AM
Definitely some painkillers!

Phone chargers / camera charger, and adaptors.

A proper hairdryer - saves time if the hotel one isn't powerful enough, or not supplied. Wet hair in winter is not fun.

I've invested in those reheatable hand warmers this year as I always go in winter - plus some proper fitting gloves.

Extra thick socks.

Blister plasters.

I always bring small fruit - like easy peel tangerines, apples, mini bananas. Great to stash in my bag and easy to eat in the queue if I'm hungry, and stops me gorging or those Mickey Mouse brioches  :-[

A refillable water bottle that doesn't leak!!!!

I've also just downloaded the DLP iPhone app - hoping that's going to be useful so I don't have to keep pulling out a map and refolding it and stuffing it back in my bag.

Guess again about the DLP iPhone app, it rapes your tariff