Candleabration Bougillumination

Started by Anthony, March 07, 2007, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Candleabration / Bougillumination
Anniversary candles ceremony every night.
From 1st April 2007.

For the 15th Anniversary Celebration.
Previous discussion about this 15th Anniversary event may be found in the general topic.

Every night, a glorious gathering of Disney characters heralds the grand illumination of their fifteen glowing candles.

:arrow: Preview Guide & Facts (DLRP Magic)
:arrow: Latest News & Updates (DLRP Today)

Everyone ready for the big birthday event?

Samninetysix

Awesome, we get there on April 2nd so really cant wait :P.....note to self...take extra DV tapes.....

davewasbaloo

I do wonder what they will do in June, July and even August when it gets dark late in the evening but the park closes at 8?
since 2001 (many before that)

Dlrpfan

wow the photo looks better then i imagined it wuld look like :)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I do wonder what they will do in June, July and even August when it gets dark late in the evening but the park closes at 8?

in July and August the park closes normaly later.  :D/
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

Yes but I do wonder what they will be doing in september for example when the park closes at 7 pm and it's getting dark at 8:30 pm ?!  :shock:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

DisneyBud

Maybe just have a dusk showing, might work okay. When I saw Fantillusion last summer it wasn't completely pitch black, but worked fine.

Anthony

I guess either the candles will be very bright (like LED/fibre optics - remember the flashes of light on the pirate ship during Peter Pan to the Rescue?) or they will make it enough of a "show" so that it doesn't matter if it's dark.  I think the illumination will be more secondary here, compared to the EFC.

In that concept art and on the commercials the candles really look like shining beacons.. it looks like a lighthouse or aircraft warning lights! (which could actually look very cool seen from around the park) I wonder what they'll be like in real life? :D

And for Nala from the decorations topic:

Quote from: "Nala_84"It's a pity I don't know the Christmas Season and within the tree lightning ceremony :( Is it described anywhere?
The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony
Photos: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/c ... s_06_night
Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/photosmagiques/video/1326167

Nala_84

Thank you so much, Baloo :)

That looks so magically, really great! (I know my next visit after the 15th will be during the Christmas Season)!

So will it be similar to this? So that the 15 Characters will dance around the middle of Central Plaza?
I hope that the Extra Magic hours in September will make it possible to see this show only one time in the dark or in the dawn  :tink: I'm just sooo curious!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Yes Nala, you got it!  They're even using the same stage (without the giant books).  :D

Masamune

Do we know yet exactly what characters will be involved in the Ceremony?

:o I'm assuming it's just Mickey and friends, like in the picture.

DisneyBud

Just out of curiosity, where do the characters come from to get to the stage? Do they have to walk part way through the park, or is there a secret tunnel that leads to Central Plaza?

Kristof

Last year they came from the door near the Wishing Well.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "DisneyBud"Just out of curiosity, where do the characters come from to get to the stage? Do they have to walk part way through the park, or is there a secret tunnel that leads to Central Plaza?

For the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony during the Christmas Season, the characters walk from the Parade Building behind Its a Small World to the cast rest area near Bella Notte. Later they exit through the door near the wishing well and emerge through the Castle to the stage - walking down a path which has been roped off so to be clear of guests.

I believe that the Character Express may be used for this ceremony, but that may of changed.

Riebi

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I believe that the Character Express may be used for this ceremony, but that may of changed.

That would be a great idea! :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...