Souvenirs

Started by Narnia Fan, June 30, 2013, 05:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narnia Fan

Hello again!  So I wanted to ask you guys about how souvenirs look at Disneyland Paris.  As someone from USA, our Disney merchandise has always been transforming as new characters come and go.  Not to mention a lot of it has to do with the advancing technology as well.  One of the things I've noticing about the souvenirs of the Disney theme parks worldwide is that they are very much different.  Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo may have Disney merchandise that is a little more classic, which is what I've tried looking for here in the U.S. but very difficult to find.  So for those of you who are shoppers and have a good eye, what kind of souvenirs should I go for when I head to Disney Paris?  I'm assuming both parks have stores inside, right?

To give hints, I'm big on postcards, mini snow/water globes, stickers, books, Stitch, Captain Hook, and toys that are closely themed to the parks' attractions.  If any of you can share pictures of any souvenirs you have from the parks or would like to provide advice on what things I should get, feel free to let me know!

Thank you!

captain rocket

I can't help with the availability of souvenirs etc, but would sound you a warning note about snow/water globes! You must not pack these as hand baggage because they come under the heading of over 100ml of water and would be confiscated at the airport. I saw a family lose three of these at CDG airport, much to the distress of the mum and dad!

nathalie

If you like Stitch, they have statues of the eiffel-tower, whith Stitch on it, kind of like Godzilla-ish, hehe.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi,
I noticed, that over the years more and more merchandise items are exact copies from the US parks... Most of the times it doesn't matter, because they fit in all the parks, but sometimes they doesn't fit at all in Disneyland Paris. For example they sell earhat-ornaments that read "Haunted Mansion", while the official name for the haunted-mansion-inspired attraction is "Phantom Manor". But there are also positive examples... recently they produced a line of "Phantom Manor" T-shirts, which look really cool and are unique to Disneyland Paris.
They are really big on Paris/French-themed merchandise... so you will see a lot of eiffel towers with disney characters on every item you can think of...

Heres a link to the T-shirts i spoke of:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/blog/2013 ... -t-shirts/
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

spacemountainplatypi

Since about Christmas time,  they've started to incorporate some items from  Disney store. But the only real merchandise themed to rides, are pins. the only real merchandise ride vehicle wise, is the Starspeeder 3000  vehicle (not to be confused with the starspeeder 1000 playset)
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "Narnia Fan"Hello again!  So I wanted to ask you guys about how souvenirs look at Disneyland Paris.  As someone from USA, our Disney merchandise has always been transforming as new characters come and go.  Not to mention a lot of it has to do with the advancing technology as well.  One of the things I've noticing about the souvenirs of the Disney theme parks worldwide is that they are very much different.  Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo may have Disney merchandise that is a little more classic, which is what I've tried looking for here in the U.S. but very difficult to find.  So for those of you who are shoppers and have a good eye, what kind of souvenirs should I go for when I head to Disney Paris?  I'm assuming both parks have stores inside, right?

To give hints, I'm big on postcards, mini snow/water globes, stickers, books, Stitch, Captain Hook, and toys that are closely themed to the parks' attractions.  If any of you can share pictures of any souvenirs you have from the parks or would like to provide advice on what things I should get, feel free to let me know!

Thank you!

On our visit I bought my son the 20th anniversary mickey mouse snow globe it glows up the castle inside of it (like Disney dreams show) and plays music truely lovely! He also has a stitch one that plays music but the mickey 20th one is the best!

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I don't know if you did already visit this website, but here is a link to the Disneyland Paris section of the disneystore.co.uk:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney-par ... n/1315002/

I know, it's only a very, very small part of what you can buy in the parks, but maybe it gives you an idea... :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Narnia Fan

Thank you everyone for the advice!  Stitch and the Eiffel Tower sounds like a good one!  (:

@Capt. Rocket:  You are definitely right!  Forgot all about the crazy things the airport does these days!  

Looks I will keep my eyes on the lookout when I visit the stores!  (;

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "TVTaughtMeHowToFeel"I don't know if you did already visit this website, but here is a link to the Disneyland Paris section of the disneystore.co.uk:

I know, it's only a very, very small part of what you can buy in the parks, but maybe it gives you an idea... :)

Yeah, uh, what happened to the Star Tours merch? It was meant to be launched this month.

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"
Quote from: "TVTaughtMeHowToFeel"I don't know if you did already visit this website, but here is a link to the Disneyland Paris section of the disneystore.co.uk:

Yeah, uh, what happened to the Star Tours merch? It was meant to be launched this month.

There was supposed to be new star tours stuff? like figures?

3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

orangarnold

Ooh just a little warning if you are flying. I bought one of the Yoda Star Tours bobble heads last year and had it in my hand luggage. When I put it through the scanner at CDG it looks like a dagger on the x ray, queue my bags being hand searched. Thankfully the staff saw the bobble head and realised that's what it was and were OK with it. But! It was embarrassing and scary.

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "spacemountainplatypi"
Quote from: "DisneyManiac"

There was supposed to be new star tours stuff? like figures?

Yup! Not figures, they are already out.

spacemountainplatypi

I've seen them, I meant what else was supposed to be out? or was that it?

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "spacemountainplatypi"I've seen them, I meant what else was supposed to be out? or was that it?

Well there was an ad on www.disneystore.co.uk saying that Star Tours merch was going to be released in July this year, we are still waiting...

Narnia Fan

Thanks everyone for your replies! I will keep my eyes on the lookout for Star Tours merchandise!  ;)