extra cost when using half board plus in Inventions?

Started by haribosmum, October 24, 2013, 02:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

Hi,

We have half board plus vouchers and rather than going to café Mickey for our character meal we'd like to use them towards the cost of eating in Inventions. 
Does anyone know the current value of half board plus and the cost of Inventions evening buffet?  Just trying to work out the cost difference.
Thanks x
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

SVioletS

Hi :)

From my own research current prices at Inventions is Sunday Brunch (1-3pm) is 64€ per adult and 32€ per child; and evening buffet with characters is 53€ per adult and 29€ per child. Note this may change in a few weeks time (7th November).
Also, HB Plus Vouchers are worth (i am not completely sure) 33€ adult voucher and 15€ child voucher.

I hope someone comes and confirms this, but at least you get an idea of the prices/values...

Have you ever been to Inventions?
I'm considering doing DD1 7th bday there, either at dinner or Sunday Brunch, so every info is most welcome and appreciated (i am sure i've read most reports out there :D)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

haribosmum

That's perfect, the difference is about what I was expecting. 
Yes have eaten in Inventions twice, daughter was 3 and then 4.  Plenty of food, lots of seafood if you like that (huge king prawns etc) but still lots of kids food, the mickey mouse potato's etc.  I really like it for the character interaction, it doesn't feel too rushed.  'most' people understand that you need to be at your table for the character to come over, not walking around and trying to get in the way of other peoples greets.  I would think it's fab for a birthday.  Last time we were there a family had got their birthday cake and were asking everyone around if they wanted a piece as it was a big cake for 3 people :-)  Not done brunch so can't comment on that, but it does sound good! 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

SVioletS

We are still over 5 months until going and i am super excited! :D Tks for your feedback! I am realy inclined to have her bday there if budget allows! She we will be happy with whatever, as this is a big surprise!
When are you going? Please let us know how it turned out! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

michellemumof2xx

Hi, we are due to take our first trip in feb 2014 and have gone for half board premium. I was under the impression that we could eat off a set menu with the vouchers and not pay extra? Unless u chose something else and it cost more, then you pay the difference? Is this right? Or do you have to use your voucher and pay extra to dine there no matter what you order?
michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

haribosmum

If you're premium I'm pretty certain it's included.  I'm staying in hotel new York so its Half Board Plus hence having to pay the extra.

Premium gets you inventions, auberge de cendrillon and buffalo bills included.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20