Quick! Forgot to the restaurant bookings! HELLPPPPPPPP

Started by PrincessA, October 07, 2013, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessA

Hi all, long story short, I volunteered to book the restaurants that need booking for when I go to disney with the family this month, and I forgot to do it and they want me to have picked and booked by tomorrow night.
I definitely need some suggestions!!
We're going for 5 days.
Thank you in advance  :)

ed-uk

Depending on where you want to eat, can't you book the restaurants when you get there ?
Ed & David

gemma2806

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much you can just book everything at the concierge desk when you check in at the hotel.

It really depends where you want to eat as well as not all restaurants do take bookings.

I'm going for 7 days next month and have decided on:-

Cafe Mickey - brilliant for character interaction and not a bad meal (Table Service)
Rainforest Cafe - wonderful setting, my family love the theme and very nice food (Table Service)
La Grange at Billy Bob's - Very good value for money, lots of choice and lovely food to suit all tastes (Buffet)
Planet Hollywood -  Lovely food and lovely service, an all time favourite of ours (Table Service)
Annette's Diner - Big portions, good value for money and great theme (Table Service)
Plaza Gardens Restaurant - Great value for money and wonderful selection of food (Buffet)

There are only 3 out of the 6 that you can actually make reservations for. Depending on the time of year you can usually eat early at these places without waiting. I've been in both quiet and busy times of the year and always aim to eat between 5 and 6 and I have never had to wait for a table. The only place I've booked and then had a wait to be seated was at Cafe Mickey because this is always a popular place to eat.

I'm on a budget this year and so am not doing 2 of my favourite places, those being Walt's and the Blue Lagoon so I will just have to wait to do these next time I go. I also find that some of the hotel restaurants are lovely but again as I'm on a budget I can't run to this on my visit.

Samninetysix

We go on the 26th of this month for 6 nights and so far have decided on Walts (new menu looks good for the first time in years), Buffalo Bills (because it's awesome and the food ain't half bad to boot!), Plaza Gardens (very nice and relaxing, one of the better buffets) and Café Agrabah (for pretty much the same reasons as Plaza). We will no doubt grab a kebab from Hakuna Matata and possibly venture into the Cowboy Cookout as well as the obligatory visit to Casey's Hotdogs :) . The rest we'll make up as we go along..

once.upon.a.dream

we often don't book until we get to the parks  :) we like silver spur and blue lagoon best!
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

never2old

We always book when we get to the parks, I usually book all the restaurants in one go, but you can always book each morning for the same day. The only ones that need to be booked earlier are the character meals, you can book them in advance over the phone or as soon as you arrive!

sarahh83

book when you get there, not only will it save you on the excessive phone bill calling them from here (as u have to call france directly!) but you can then have a walk about see where things are/look at meus etc and decide when there

defo recommed cafe mickey and annettes diner thou xx
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs