Newbie questions about EMH and show at park closing time

Started by disneydougal73, September 26, 2013, 04:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneydougal73

Hi there, this is my first post!  We are off to DLRP on 3rd November, staying at Hotel New York.  We want to take full advantage of the EMH but I'm not sure which rides are open during this time.  Also I've heard great things about the night time show, can anyone tell me what time it will be and where we should go to see it?

Thanks in advance

PrincessA

Don't know lots about the night-time show, but I think it's a parade with lights on the castle and fireworks and music. Here's what I've HEARD about EMH:
-They're 8-10 am
- Usually a few rides in fantasyland are open (like, IASW, tea cups and Snow White, perhaps 1 extra)
- Some people say they also either open Frontierland OR Discoveryland, but others say that isn't true.

Have an awesome trip!

Aurora1

lastfew years we went in fall and there was Discoveryland that was open! Buzz, Orbitron and Space Mountain.

nathalie

The night time show is "Dreams".  It's a firework/laser/projection show projected onto the castle.  No parade.
This show starts at the time the park closes.

PrincessKirsty

I am going November 3rd too for 4 days. As far as I am aware most rides are open but Buzz  Lightyear blast will be closed from the 4th. you can check out what rides are closed on the disneyland paris website. Also the park wont be open for EMH as they are moving Christmas decorations in but the Disney Studios will so hopefully we can ride Crush's coaster and Tower of Terror in that time!!!
also on the 4th, 6th and 8th of November there is going to be Mickey's magical bonfire and fireworks display on Lake Disney which shall be pretty awesome!
I cant wait to go, might run into you!

grovesie

We went August last year and the following rides were open during the EMH: Buzz, teacups, Flying elephants and Peter pan.
Not sure now thought, all rides were get straight on

Festival Disney

You also have Space Mountain and Star Tours (usually) open for the EMH. Once when I went back in April 2012 they had Autopia open, but that's not a regular thing.
EMH is always in Disco land and Fantasyland, never Frontierland or Adventureland.

If you post your questions in the Trip Planning forum, all the gurus in there will be able to help you further  ;)

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

gemma2806

Hi and welcome to the forum!

EMH are from 8am to 10am. If it's the Disneyland Park holding EMH then Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open during these times. In Discoveryland it will be Buzz Lightyear Lasr Blast and Space Mountain:Mission 2 that will be open. Sometimes they open Orbitron or Autopia but this is usually at peak periods and also if one of the other rides on EMH is closed. Fantasyland it's Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups and the Carousel. Sometimes they will open "it's a small world" but again this is either during peak periods or when one of the other EMH rides is closed.

If it's EMH at the Studios then it could be anybody's guess as to what is open as this is such a rarity for it to happen, however it's likely to be a selection from Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster and the rides at Toy Story Playland as these all cause large queues throughout the day.

The fireworks and bonfire evenings will take place around this time on Lake Disney, this does not require an extra ticket so you will be able to see this as and when you like on the days it's on.

Disney Dreams is a must! It is absolutely incredible, no words do it justice you really just have to see it. This will always happen at park closing so depending on your stay it may be on anywhere from 7-10:30pm. There is still speculation as to whether it will remain a nightly occurrence or whether it will be on every couple of days but at the moment it remains daily. I've watched it from several locations, the best in my opinion being either fairly close to the castle straight in the middle or on Main Street level with Casey's Corner and Victoria's Home-style Restaurant. You don't have your view compromised by speakers in either of these positions. If you stand at the sides you still get a decent view but speakers block your line of sight and the water projections can be hard to make out.

Hope this is of some help. Have a wonderful trip!

tinkerstitch

Normally, when you check in, they give you a little flyer about the EMH and on that flyer you'll see which rides are open.
Also, Hotel New York is amazing, I went there three weeks ago (oh man I want to go back soooo badly now :'( ) and everything is just great. From the room to the atmosphere. Awesome hotel :D

Have a lovely stay!

RockNRoller

When we do EMH we get there for the start and then leave for breakfast when the parks open properly. The queues are tiny, once did Buzz 3 times in a row with no wait what so ever. Its also a great time for photo's with fewer people to get in the way. I have a lovely shot of an empty Main Street with the castle at the other end
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

once.upon.a.dream

last time we went EMH included fantasyland rides and buzz lightyear. Dreams is worth staying in the park until closing to see :)
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015