Christmas 2013

Started by MagicDreams!, July 17, 2013, 04:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicDreams!

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are coming special Christmas happenings this year at Disneyland Paris? Like the Fantillusion Parade or another special parade?

captain rocket

When they introduced the special parade for Christmas last year (This is the one that was on three times a day and did not replace Disney Magic on Parade) It was stated that they would add a float to this parade each year to make it even more special, so hopefully this will be a great addition this year! There has been no mention of Fantilusion at Christmas or any other time, so we may have said goodbye to it for a while or forever! There is also a rumour that there will be a seperate parade for Halloween and this would fit in well to replace the character train which is scheduled to end when the extended 20th anniversary ends at the end of September. Halloween starts on 6th october

Sulley's Arms

Fantillusion is, apparently, definitely over for good, so no return expected for that, which is a big shame.  I remember hearing last year that the Tree is due to be a new one this year; I'm a little nervous about it, LOL, as the 'existing' one was superb!  Good to hear that the Xmas Parade is staying as we couldn't get to DLP last year but will be going this December.

Can't wait  :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DLRP Roundup!

The Christmas parade is pretty good! Will be nice to see the additions this year :)

Would of course love Fantillusion back anytime.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Kristof

Don't expect Fantillusion ever to come back! A bunch of floats have been retired already.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "Kristof"Don't expect Fantillusion ever to come back! A bunch of floats have been retired already.

That is saddening news. :(
The Roundup

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "sulleysarms"I remember hearing last year that the Tree is due to be a new one this year; I'm a little nervous about it, LOL, as the 'existing' one was superb!

The rumour of a new tree seems to be wheeled out every Christmas Season for the last couple of years.  There is always someone on a forum that claims to have seen the "new" tree backstage being tested, but still the existing tree is put in the park.

Whilst I'm sure a day will come that it will be necessary to replace the tree, I now take this rumour with a pinch of salt.

Given the financial picture, I can't see them replacing the tree until there is a really a good reason (beyond repair, can't be modified to fit a requirement etc).

Iain

DLRP Roundup!

Apparently they own the new tree, it really was meant to arrive last year :P
The Roundup

gemma2806

Figgygirl is an expert on all things DLP and she has posted a thread on Trip Advisor with some more details about Christmas.

It looks a certainty that there will be a new tree this year. It also looks like the Christmas Cavalcade will take place about 3 times a day as well as the main parade (whatever that will be as the 20th anniversary one finishes in September!) happening daily.

Sadly Figgygirl has confirmed that there will be no Mickey's Winter Wonderland Show for a second year and the same goes for Belle's Christmas Village.

DisneyFanB

Quote from: "Trekkie101"Apparently they own the new tree, it really was meant to arrive last year :P

And the current tree/decorations they did not own?

DLRP Roundup!

Oh they own the current one, but they've had the replacement all year.
The Roundup

gemma2806

Disney have now posted their opening times and ride closures and refurbishments for the start of the Christmas season, from the 10th to the 30th November.

It's obviously too soon to see what they have planned for entertainment but I think once the summer season finishes this information will gradually be released.

I'm pleased to note however that none of the big rides I love or go on will be closed when I'm there and there is actually nothing I will miss out on whilst there that I want to go on apart from juggling a few rides on a couple of days before they close for the remainder of my holiday.

jenniedisney

Where is the closures information??
I can't find it on DLRPmagic
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

gemma2806

Sadly DLRPMagic hasn't been updated with any new information for months! Don't know why as this was a brilliant source, quite sad really.

If you go to the actual Disneyland Paris site to the parks info section and then to the calendar it shows all upcoming information for August, September, October and now November!

Festival Disney

Posted on DLP's FB page:
Would you rather shiver when a snowflake falls on the tip of your nose? Right! Well then come join us as of 10 November for the most magical Christmas at Disneyland Paris. Come meet the heroes of the next Disney animation movie "Frozen, the Snow Queen", admire our new Christmas Cavalcade and dream of the presents you would like to discover on Christmas day at the foot of our brand new 24-meter tall Christmas tree ... Last –but not least- make the dream go on and on by staying wide awake in front of our unique and mind-blowing nighttime show "Disney Dreams ! of Christmas". You have now understood that at Christmas time, more than any time, Disneyland Paris slips into its most beautiful light costume and piles on the presents, all for you!
[/size]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day