Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Started by mehdi5, March 02, 2007, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Any one have any other ideas for the character simply known as the Prince (well i think that was just his name)?
IMDB just states the name Prince, the character never did get it's own official name. I'm a little bit angry about the european release date though we're getting left behind by 2 months again. First Narnia 2 now Prince of Persia.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"Any one have any other ideas for the character simply known as the Prince (well i think that was just his name)?
IMDB just states the name Prince, the character never did get it's own official name. I'm a little bit angry about the european release date though we're getting left behind by 2 months again. First Narnia 2 now Prince of Persia.

We're always going to get screwed over with the release schedule. How do you think most Wallace and Gromit fans felt after the British Made Institution was released in the US before in its country of Origin! To say I was disgusted with it. But to hear that the UK aren't getting Bolt until February 13th 2009 whilst the US get it on November 26th 2008 is Vile, No way do they need 4 extra months before giving a Travolta sounding Dog.

mehdi5

I just read on some websites, Jack Gyllenhaal has been confirmed for the role of the prince. BTW i finally found out the real name of the character, appearantly the prince's real name is prins Dastan.

peep

^Read about this earlier.The new Bond girl, Gemma Arterton, is also confirmed now to play the leading lady (she is doing well lately).

The film will begin filming in July if the actor's strike doesn't go ahead.

Source: Total Film
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

For crying out loud...
  :x  
He can't act for toffee...
 :evil:
He Don't even look like the prince...  :evil: No amount of make up will change this!
 :twisted:
What A Let Down

Anthony

Brilliant news!

Credible actor, very big fanbase. It's going to be really interesting to see where they take this character.

Mike Newell directing is good news too, he's quite well regarded - well, much much more than Gore Verbinski. I read they're filming in Morocco this summer and will also be filming some scenes at Pinewood here in the UK.

It's getting a good buzz already. I hope this turns out as great as we all want it to be.

The Butlin Boy

From Comingsoon.net

Quote Molina and Kingsley Join Prince of Persia
Source: Variety
June 2, 2008

Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley will join Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton in Disney's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, the Mike Newell-directed adaptation of the Ubisoft video game. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

Variety says Molina will play Sheik Amar, who becomes a mentor to the prince. No word yet on who Kingsley plays.

Shooting is scheduled to begin in July in the U.K. and Morocco.

Captain Pan

Kingsley will play the villian... Its as clear as daylight!!

peep

Ben Kingsley...villain! Omg, this film is going to be amazing if that happens, lets just hope he doesn't play a bad villain like the one he played in Thunderbirds, lets all try and forget about that piece of awfulness.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "peep"Ben Kingsley...villain! Omg, this film is going to be amazing if that happens, lets just hope he doesn't play a bad villain like the one he played in Thunderbirds, lets all try and forget about that piece of awfulness.

Was doing my daily scout on IMDb.com (I really need to get a job) and found some news on Prince Of Persia...

Jake Gyllenhaal ...   Prince Dastan
Ben Kingsley ...   Nizam
Gemma Arterton ...   Tamina
Alfred Molina...   Sheik Amar

Really just connecting the lines with Kingsley playing Nizam...

Done a little digging as I cannot find Nizam in the original story of the games... But Nizam is a Governor or Deputy of the entire Empire used by the Urdu in 1600s...

So my guess is that (following Disney Villian Traditions  of the Governor styled persons) Kingsley as the Nizam will be the Villain in the feature.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Coming Soon" Prince of Persia Pushed Back a Year
Source: ComingSoon.net
July 31, 2008

Walt Disney Pictures has moved the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time out of its June 19, 2009 release date spot (which would have been a week before Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is opening) and has pushed it back almost a year to May 28, 2010, which is the week after Shrek Goes Fourth is scheduled and a week before Marvel Studios' Thor.

With Memorial Day being observed on May 31, 2010, the movie would have a four day opening, unless it debuts earlier in the week.

The Mike Newell-directed video game adaptation stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley. Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Link

Captain Pan

Now thats some bad news...

But Butlin Boy you have been the one to break the news... And... We must now Kill the Messenger!...  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"But Butlin Boy you have been the one to break the news... And... We must now Kill the Messenger!...  :wink:
Eeeek. *Moderator panic mode -- forum members killing each other!*

It's probably actually GOOD news they're pushing it back a year. The Pirates sequels were done way too quickly and the writers just threw in everything they came up with. There was no time there to refine the story and make it really tight and concise.

So I'd rather Disney took their time with what could be a brilliant franchise rather than running into it like a mad hatter.

Does put TR2N's Summer 2010 release into question though... Disney already have Toy Story 3 that Summer amongst other things...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"But Butlin Boy you have been the one to break the news... And... We must now Kill the Messenger!...  :wink:
Now Anthony do you really think I am capable of doing that over my computer screen? I was more interested in the cliche!  :wink:  

Quote from: "Anthony"It's probably actually GOOD news they're pushing it back a year. The Pirates sequels were done way too quickly and the writers just threw in everything they came up with. There was no time there to refine the story and make it really tight and concise.

So I'd rather Disney took their time with what could be a brilliant franchise rather than running into it like a mad hatter.

Does put TR2N's Summer 2010 release into question though... Disney already have Toy Story 3 that Summer amongst other things...

I can see the sense in this... If Disney were to mess this one up (Just like the vast majority of the Production companies have with Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider and Hitman) they would effectively shut down Ubisoft's franchise and would be subject to more that its usual critique especially from the fans of said Ubisoft franchise.

Ah... Mad Hatter... Now thats some great news; but not for this topic!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "Anthony"
Now Anthony do you really think I am capable of doing that over my computer screen? I was more interested in the cliche!  :wink:

Few, that's a relief! :roll:  :lol: