Pre-booking October 2014 trip tips

Started by PixarPal, August 21, 2013, 01:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixarPal

Hey all,

First I'd like to thank the forum for all the tips I gathered (as a lurker!) before my trip this Easter. It was brilliant!

Moving on, it is my girlfriends 30th October 2014 and we are planning a trip back to DLP to celebrate. With the 2 nights free offer currently offered for pre-booking, we are getting some great prices for the October half term (she is a teacher), and we notice that the deadline for getting these prices is October this year. As I will likely be moving jobs by next October, as is the half term system in Britain due to potential changes to the school holiday system, I'm a bit anxious about booking in case it become intangible for us to travel on the dates we select.

So, I have a number of thoughts. Firstly, does anyone know how easily a booked holiday can be cancelled or (more likely) re-scheduled without a significant financial penalty?

Secondly, does anyone with lots of experience booking trips to DLP know how likely it is that a similar offer (so far I am looking at prices just under £1000 for Santa Fe or just over £1000 for Newport Bay for 4 nights, 5 days for three adults) will be available closer to the time? On my limited experience I notice that similar offers are often available. At the same time, looking at dates for this October the prices are significantly higher.

So basically, what would you advise: Book before the October deadline to get the offer and hope that it can be cancelled/re-scheduled without loosing out financially, or; Hold off until close to the time and hope for similar offers?

Thanks so much for you time, and I hope some DLP experts can help me out!

PixarPal