Partner Hotels?

Started by abismummy, August 17, 2013, 04:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abismummy

Hi we are just back from Disney and itching to book for next year. We stayed at the Cheyenne which we liked but want a change. On checking out the other hotels it seems that they don't have the quiet open spaces the Cheyenne has - although I do like the fact they have pools and the look of Newport Bay. I have just noticed there are partner hotels too. Has anyone stayed in any of them? Are they nice? Far away etc? Im loving the Castle one! Thanks x

Elaine

i've stayed at all the partner hotels apart from the Kyriad - and they are all of a higher standard with their rooms and facilities compared to the Cheyenne. They are served by free shuttle buses to and from the parks all day every day (in time for EMH too if you have annual passes for park tickets) and they are all set around a lake, with large grass areas to play on, with paths around the lake, and they all have some sort of outside play area for the kids too.

abismummy

Thank you. Have just spotted Algonquin's Explorers Hotel too - very nice! Cant book them at the moment for next year though so will look again later in the year.

captain rocket

Elaine is right, Euro foe Euro,  the partner hotels are far better value than the Disney hotels. They are slightly less convenient to get to the parks by the free shuttle service, walking is not rally a sensible option. To complete the collection I have stayed in all of them including the Kyriad, in fact I am back there next month, and would thoroughly recommend it. I usually book the cheapest option on Expedia and this is often the Kyriad. The breakfast is OK and about the same choice as the Cheyenne. If you are booked in for room only then it is poor value and I would advise trying the breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel for 14 euros (Kyriad is 12 by memory) I am trying this on my visit in October thanks to advice from Elaine! If a pool is important to you, the Kyriad does not have one, but it does have tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the tray is replenished each day. Have a great trip wherever you stay.

abismummy

Captain Rocket is it much cheaper to book through expedia and Eurostar and tickets separately than as a package deal through Disney?

SParky

I've not even been for my first trip yet and I'm already thinking about a second

If I book with a partner hotel, does it include park tickets as well or is this done only via the disney website?

Is it always cheaper calling Eurostar to book tickets?
Santa Fe - November 2013

captain rocket

Well now, the reply to the questions are... maybe!
Abbismummy, I hold an annual passport which I buy direct from Disney as I get shareholders discount. If you are planning to stay for three days or less and don't plan to return in the following twelve months it is probably cheaper to buy a package through Disney. If you are staying longer than 3 days or are planning a return in twelve months an AP will save you money. If you buy a Dream pass you get early magic hours like a Disney hotel guest and discounts on food and shopping. If you buy from one of the ticket agencies in France you can get a free pass for children under a certain age (7 I think) Elaine will be able to help here! Eurostar is nearly always cheaper if booked direct, especially if booked well in advance. If the dates you want are not available on line, phone them as they often have availabilty for sale well before its on line. £69 appears to be the cheapest you can get a return for.
SParky, The partner hotels only offer a deal over ticket prices if booked through the Disney site Eurostar answer above.

Elaine

the annual pass question for park tickets as above - at the moment the French ticket agents cemultiavantages or promoparcs have an offer where you buy any annual pass for DLP from them at a discounted rate, and you get a child's pass of the same type, for children aged 11 or under, for only 35 euros. You can buy these passes even though you don't live in France, they are sent out to your home address.

SParky

Thank you captain rocket...now to start planning
Santa Fe - November 2013

captain rocket

Thanks Elaine, had a sneaking thought you would know!

orangarnold

Quote from: "abismummy"Captain Rocket is it much cheaper to book through expedia and Eurostar and tickets separately than as a package deal through Disney?
MUCH! You're talking saving £100s of pounds if you do it right

abismummy

Quote from: "orangarnold"
Quote from: "abismummy"Captain Rocket is it much cheaper to book through expedia and Eurostar and tickets separately than as a package deal through Disney?
MUCH! You're talking saving £100s of pounds if you do it right

How should I go about it please Orangarnold?

orangarnold

Eurostar to Paris from London if booked in advance is £34.50 one way, I think its roughly the same for Marne La Vallee. Book hotels direct through the hotel's website, and look on places like lastminute, hotels, etc first just to check they've got on offer.

Just as a comparison I got three nights, over a weekend, at the Kyriad with flights from Manchester, with jet2 holidays for £200 a person. I looked it up on Disneyland Paris they wanted £500 per person not including travel. For park tickets with the money I've saved I'm going to get an annual pass.

nathalie

Since it seems that no one has stayed in Kyriad yet, from who has responded ...
I've stayed there 4 times now, beds are good (but that's just everyone's opinion, one likes a hard matrass, the other a soft), rooms are clean.

Breakfast is 11 € though, and since I've experienced the breakfast at the Disneyland hotel, I'll gladly pay 3 € extra to go and have breakfast there.

Also, in low season you can get a Kyriad room for 1 night / 2 people for only 79 €, can't get that at any of the other hotels on site.

lindavdende

I'm going to stay at the Kyriad hotel in two weeks. We had a good deal there (i think). Three nights / 2 people, including breakfast for €200. Of course this is without park tickets.
I have never stayed at a partner hotel before.

@captain rocket: I heard that there are no coffee and tea making facilities in the rooms anymore. So we are taking a water boiler with us. Problem solved ;)