Rock 'n Rollercoaster - no Aerosmith?

Started by A&S&O, August 14, 2013, 10:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A&S&O

We just got back from DLP and there was no reference to Aerosmith on the Rock 'n Rollercoaster (apart from signage). The pre show wasn't running and there was no music on the ride. We seem to remember it was like that last year.

Are Aerosmith no longer connected with the ride?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

DLRP Roundup!

There was rumour a while ago that Aerosmith were pulling out, however I would of thought it'd either go down for proper re-theme or have backup music.

How long did it not have anything for?
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Festival Disney

It was all still working first week of August!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

A&S&O

It must have just been a bad day for the ride. The shop at the end of the ride that sells Aerosmith stuff was shut too.

This was the 12th.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

orangarnold

I think the contract between the park and Aerosmith may have expired. It's a shame

Ravenseye

I will be very, very disappointed if this happens during our visit.
I'd read about the contract ending, cant recall the date, but OMG it won't be the same ride AT ALL if they arent featured.
If Disney are discontinuing the connection then the ride should have already been changed to remove all Aerosmith branding etc...not just 'Oh let's wing it and to Hell with Guests thought on the matter' Grrrrr  :evil:
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

esmeralda

Quote from: "A&S&O"It must have just been a bad day for the ride. The shop at the end of the ride that sells Aerosmith stuff was shut too.

This was the 12th.

What about the photo service? You should have asked someone. Maybe they would have given you a satisfying answer...
I really hope this was just a coincidence! I also can't imagine this to be planned! Visitors expect an Aerosmith themed ride. Contracts do not run out without not knowing..
Julia

orangarnold

I'll be honest I've never been on the ride as have a back problem that means the launch style roller coasters and I don't get along, I wish I could though as everytime I think do i?

Kristof

You probably had bad luck. This even happened to us while riding RNRC in Florida.

anthony2k6

Fear not! aerosmith theme was there yesterday including pre-show, music etc.

However, they really need to do something about the audio system! Our first ride the speakers sounded broken and were only playing the top end treble faintly, our 2nd ride it sounded fine and loud whilst it was working but cut out multiple times around the ride.

esmeralda

Rode it several times the week after and everything worked fine! The shop was closed though. But there were a few changes concerning opening times in general (although it was high season)- may be due to financial reasons?
Julia

DisneyDonna

The shop was already closed back in July! I do have some mixed experienes with RNRC as I've ridden it without music as well...

Ravenseye

Our visit was 15th-18th and the pre show was working, the shop was open, the speakers were AOK.
However, the ride did break down once, that we know of.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

TheDisneyMagic

The state of the trains in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a disgrace!

For the past year the Audio has been finicky on the majority of the trains not working more than they are working.

Some coasters would be able to get away with this, but Rock 'n' Roller Coaster completely realises on it's audio, experiencing it without sound makes it a pretty poor coaster. Just last week myself and Girlfriend went on it twice with no audio and was literally able to have a conversation for the entire ride after the launch sequence.

Each time I experience this I go to guest relations and write out a letter for them, the Cast Members said they pass on the message to the attractions management, it was not the first time reported to them that day and that the more people that complain on paper equals the more likely chance of anything being done about it.

TheDisneyMagic

I can understand an odd off day where one of the trains might be playing silly buggers but I have witnessed this consistently for the last year. On the other side of things, I have never once experienced this in Walt Disney World's (older) version of the ride and the on board audio on Space Mountain: Mission 2 seems to work consistently.

In my opinion, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster should not be operating in it's current state which is a shame as it got a great lighting upgrade not too long ago.