Santa Fe vs Sequoia Lodge

Started by missoverexcited, August 12, 2013, 08:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missoverexcited

Hello all!

Can anyone tell me, apart from the pool, what are the differences between Hotel Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge? Is the breakfast the same at both? What facilities do they have?

I'm not sure if we will use the pool,so  I'm wondering if we will lose anything by choosing the cheaper option.

Thanks in advance!

PS mods apologies if this is the wrong forum!

Zee79

Hi,
We normally stay in the Santa Fe when going to DLP but tried the Sequoia May this year due to having annual passes. Apart from the pool there is no real difference. Breakfasts are the same, buffet cheaper at the Santa Fe and I feel better quality and range of food here  for what we like to eat. They have same facilities, bar bigger at the Sequoia, Sequoia closer to the parks but only by a few mins when walking.
When returning it will be a decision made on what budget we have at the time to as which hotel we will chose as totally enjoyed both.

missoverexcited

Thank you, I guess we just need to decide if we will use the pool or not then!

DLRP Roundup!

The pool is pretty cold, and from reading, it never changes :P

Sequoia is nicer to get to and from the parks, but if your there for only a short while, and not spending long in the room, either will do :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mickeyspal

Hi, I prefer Sequoia Lodge for the comfort and the lounge. I've stayed at Santa Fe once which was a last minute break so the hotel was already chosen for us; I found the rooms quite comfy but I didn't care for the dining room/bar,  in fact we would wander over the bridge to Cheyenne and have a nightcap there instead of sitting in the bar at Santa Fe. As I said the rooms were comfy, so if it's just for a base then yeah go for it. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Ravenseye

I've stayed at both and i'd choose Sequoia Lodge over Santa Fe if I had the choice again.
Santa Fe is OK, but we feel it has a budget vibe and it is indeed a 'budget' choice in the Disney portfolio.
Sequoia has larger guest rooms and bathrooms, great public areas and great landscaping  :thumbs: . However, the pool is very cold  :( and let's face it, we go for the Parks really as we spend most of our time there.
 We are back at Santa Fe in a few weeks, but only because the very reasonable package we booked (not through Disney) only offered that hotel. I'd choose New York or DLH if money was no object!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

gemma2806

Hi I've stayed at the Sequoia Lodge several times as it is my favourite hotel of all (not that I've been able to afford the Hotel New York or Disneyland Hotel yet!)

I've been for a walk around the Santa Fe and in my personal opinion the grounds are no where near as good as the Sequoia and as Ravenseye has said above the hotel has a very budget feel to it. The public areas are large but sparsely decorated. The bar area in Sequoia is lovely and the whole hotel has a very warm and welcoming feel to it. I've never yet made it into the pool at the Sequoia much to my disappointment but I'd still pay the extra to be closer to the parks and Disney Village.

I have however stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne and if I had to choose between Santa Fe and Cheyenne due to budget I would choose the Cheyenne. It has lovely grounds and a great playground which my son loved. In the summer there are pony rides for the kids and the whole Wild West town theme is brilliantly done.

I think what I liked least about the look of the Santa Fe was the fact that it is supposed to resemble a motel so there are cars parked everywhere outside the blocks of rooms and for me this takes away from the Disney magic as the other hotels try to encompass you in the "magic" and almost hide the everyday norm where as being a motel theme the Santa Fe doesn't have to hide the everyday norm (hope this makes sense!).

missoverexcited

It's great to have some different view points from you all. I've got lots to think about! I wish there were more pictures and info on the hotels on the website, it's like they don't want you to know.

gemma2806

If you can download apps, search for Disneyland Paris Brochures and you get a free app to download. The app contains full colour versions of the brochures but it gives you options to click on the hotel pages. If you do this you are then given full colour pictures, a video and a 360 degree tour of the hotels, grounds, rooms and pools etc. This is a brilliant tool to help you decide and it's free!

julesk

We would always opt for the best possible hotel after staying at HNY this year. We have done Santa Fe and didnt like it at all. Cheyenne is much better out of the two, plus there buffet is brilliant. Our Santa Fe room was basically on the edge of what looked like a building site, so when we tried to have a midday break, it was impossible. Sorry not stayed at Sequoia Lodge so cant comment. Yet the pool is handy on wet days or if you want a rest from the park.

missoverexcited

Thanks Gemma, I'll try that.

I will have another look at Cheyenne too, people seem to like it.

JediBUZ

There is a guy on youtube that looks as if he went and visited all the hotels 2 years ago.

This is Santa Fe //http://youtu.be/Rm0x5crbDvY  (make sure you watch to the end)

This is the Cheyenne //http://youtu.be/MjD3VhgLJcg

This is the Sequoia Lodge //http://youtu.be/1rumavbI_S4
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

missoverexcited

That's great, I will watch those later, I wouldn't have thought of looking on YouTube!

abismummy

I have only stayed at the Cheyenne but we had a look around the Santa Fe and wasn't impressed. I liked the fact that they children could run around and run ahead at the Cheyenne without the worry of cars. As already stated the Santa Fe has cars everywhere. Its also very very quiet at the Cheyenne and being opposite (more or less) the Sequoia there isn't much in the distance from the park. Especially if you are in the Sundown block as we were.