What about the minibar?

Started by NotreClaire, June 13, 2013, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotreClaire

Hello everyone!

This october, I'll visit Disney and I haven't been there in ages.

We will be staying at the Newport Bay Club and we booked a hotelroom without paying for the services of the minibar.  But we were wondering:  could we still use the (then empty) minibar to stock home-brought drinks in? Or is it really forbidden/locked when you haven't paid for its services?

Thanks in advance!

x
Claire
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

captain rocket

I believe that there is some automatic mechanism that lets the hotel know if the mini bar is opened and if you remove the drinks, you will automatically be charged for them if you drink them or not and they will refill it and you would be left with a rather large bill! Best to leave well alone!

julesk

No you cant use the fridge, its locked. We where hoping the mini bar we had in HNY would allow us to use it for drinks to store but unless you leave your card details, they wont open it.

NotreClaire

That's unfortunate :/ Guess we'll take our cooling bag with us then, haha (:
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

julesk

Quote from: "NotreClaire"That's unfortunate :/ Guess we'll take our cooling bag with us then, haha (:

There was an ice bucket on the shelf but never did go hunting to get it filled up. Have stayed in places before that have ice machine outside your room. Might help on a hot day?

never2old

You need to give your credit card details when you check in to be able to open the mini bar...

littlebitofpixiedust

We always store drinks ect in the mini bar and we just put everythibg back where we found it and havnt been charged

KRHARWOOD

The newport bay no longer has a mini bar they are all permanently locked now x