Trip Report: June 5th - 9th

Started by Ezra, June 19, 2013, 04:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezra

I recently visited DLRP again, it had been five years since I had been there and going again was very special for me. Me and a friend had three full days in the parks, and two half-days. We were the from the 5th to the 9th of June.

5th

We arrived off the Eurostar and went to Hotel Santa Fe, we checked in and actually got upgraded to a better room! The hotel was great! And we had a really nice view. Of course we wanted to get to DLRP quickly so we didn't wait around too long before going to the park. The emotion I experienced when walking down Main Street again after so many years was amazing, we went straight to Phantom Manor afterwards as its my favourite ride.

Again... entering Thunder Mesa and the Manor looming in front of me was amazing. I didn't cry but I was pretty emotional about being there again. I went on it three times the first day, along with the railroad (complete circuit from Thunder Mesa Depot) and Pirates of the Caribbean. The first day we left the park early as we had been traveling for quite a while anyhow. Though I did buy my first Phantom Manor shirt and some pins.

6th

This day we met up with two more pin traders, they managed to get me to go on the Tower. Of which I was scared of, and I don't think I want to go on the Tower again to be honest. Great ride, but just too much for me... even though I like coasters! We spilt up for most of the day, me and my friend went on the Manor a lot, along with Pirates. I think it was this day we also went on Its a Small World.

The Cast Members at the Manor started recognizing us and definitely like our Phantom Manor t-shirts. In fact I think some of the CMs found it quite amusing how many times we were going on the ride. At the end of the day we met up with the other traders again, went on Pirates and then watched Disney Dreams, which is such an awesome show!

7th

Started the day with going on rides such as Space Mountain, but later on stayed with more gentle rides like the Manor. Yes again we went on the Manor a lot. We ate at the Silver Spur Steakhouse, and I had Thunder Mesa Cheesecake! Best cheesecake ever! Also went on the Molly Brown Riverboat.

And again, the Manor CMs kept recognising us and commenting. Of course the only thing that was a bit of a bother was the fact Big Thunder was closed while we were there, and that's my second favourite ride.

Have no idea what day this was taken on but... yeah.

But I'm just so grateful the Manor was open, its truely the most beautiful ride around.

8th

This day was amazing. I had my photo taken with a lot of Manor Cast Members, one of the CMs let us go around the side entrance when the line was long and we had to go to dinner and then to Fantasyland, just because 'we love it so much'. I was so surprised and grateful. This was also the day I met another Manor Cast Member and had long chats with him about the Manor. He was so cool, and right at the end of the day he said he'd see us next year... so I just have to visit again!

Also there was another Cast Member who every time we went on the Manor was like 'oh, come on!' about how many times we were going on it. He was pretty cool too. :D We watched Dreams again on this day.

9th

We only had a few hours on the park until we had to leave, but we still managed to get on the Manor four times. I found the CM who I mentioned a moment ago outside the Manor so had to have my photo taken with him. I'm glad he decided to look moody in the photo. lol!

It had been very hot most of the days we were there but now it started raining before we left. I was sad to leave Thunder Mesa, I hope to visit again.

Extra

Bought a lot of pins while I was there, and various Phantom Manor merch too.

I think we went on Phantom Manor about thirty times. A lot anyhow. Some of the effects wern't working, like the Organist was missing and so is the Phantom in the mirrors. Also the Phantom's laugh track was missing on the animatronic near the end of the ride. As usual the ride had many stops and slowdowns... which is fine because then you can pay more attention to certain scenes. We actually got a few ride-stops at my favourite character, Ezra! It was so cool meeting Ezra again! :)

Sometimes on the ride the music and sound effects cut out, so we filled in for it. :D

But all in all the ride is just amazing. And I am so happy I got to ride it again. Hopefully I can return next year too.  :mrgreen:  Also yes for those who are wondering, I am female, just named myself after Ezra on here.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

gemma2806

Phantom Manor is one of my favourite rides and was definitely a big hit with my son. He was only 2 when we went so I was worried he wouldn't enjoy it but he loved it and we had to go on again and again and again! One time we were allowed to stay on the doom buggy for a second ride and we went " behind the scenes" in order to stay on the ride. We got some very strange looks from people who were queuing to ride when we suddenly appeared!

Hope you get to go back again next year!

Ezra

Thanks, I hope I can visit again next year too.

tubbsy

Such a shame-my kids dont like PM! I think they may have to stand outside just whilst I ride it once-I love it!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Ezra

Well the Manor is scarier than the Mansion, hope you get to ride it again!

littlebitofpixiedust

Enjoyed reading your report :) am so glad too see that phantom manor is open on our next visit in September! My son loves this I think because it's in the dark lol and I was so disappointed we missed out on our last visit. Great ride

Ezra

Thanks!

Asma

Great trip report :thumbs: ! I love the Phantom Manor too :)
Thanks for sharing =D>

esmeralda

Hey! You got upgraded to a better room in the Santa Fe? What does that mean??
Great to hear that you like Phantom manor so much!
Julia