what could make the park wonderful?

Started by aquaricy, May 28, 2013, 05:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquaricy

Hi

as a big fan I've often asked myself what was missing in the disneyland park to make it a wonderful experience and this is what i've come up with:
frontierland needs some sort of splash mountain (they can control the water so it shouldn't be a problem for the winter months)
adventureland needs a mystic point with the wonderful mystic manor right next to indy
discoveryland, oh yes, the  star wars mini land with star tours 2 (did it in orlando, loved every minute of it)
what do you guys think?
x
Gert

andrewuk

Yes, yes and yes, but with current finances it may take a long, long time.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

spacemountainplatypi

To make it possible the best park in the world again, change space mountain :mission 2 back to "space mountain: from the earth to the moon" , add a few of the movie characters into potc and update the studio tram tour with new sets and effects.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

orangarnold

I think the park just needs new rides in Disneyland itself, say an update to Star Tours, a Tangled themed something in Fantasyland that's not just the photo point, more gifts themed to areas of the parks

As for WDS I think it needs to have a bit more life pumped into the areas near Armageddon. It just feels flat when I'm there

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "orangarnold"I think the park just needs new rides in Disneyland itself, say an update to Star Tours, a Tangled themed something in Fantasyland that's not just the photo point, more gifts themed to areas of the parks

As for WDS I think it needs to have a bit more life pumped into the areas near Armageddon. It just feels flat when I'm there

Well they need a new show instead of Armageddon, maybe something based of Oz: the great and powerful or Tron:Legacy.

3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

orangarnold

Quote from: "spacemountainplatypi"
Quote from: "orangarnold"I think the park just needs new rides in Disneyland itself, say an update to Star Tours, a Tangled themed something in Fantasyland that's not just the photo point, more gifts themed to areas of the parks

Well they need a new show instead of Armageddon, maybe something based of Oz: the great and powerful or Tron:Legacy.

Something Oz based would be amazing, say a balloon based ride

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "orangarnold"
Quote from: "spacemountainplatypi"

Something Oz based would be amazing, say a balloon based ride

maybe Something a little  like peter pan's flight, maybe a mix of a simulator and a dark ride.

Rafael

I would like to see Splash Mountain :)

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "Rafael"I would like to see Splash Mountain :)

I agree, that would be good, but there's no room in the main park to put it, and it wouldn't fit in with the style of the studio.

captain rocket

You may be right about "fitting in" But there is plenty of room for expansion in the studios, God if that's the physical limit the Studios will never be anything more than half a day!!

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: "captain rocket"You may be right about "fitting in" But there is plenty of room for expansion in the studios, God if that's the physical limit the Studios will never be anything more than half a day!!

From observing the pictures of the resort from up in the air. there is a very tiny space left behind ToT. So unfortunately it'll never be more than a "half a day" park.

esmeralda

A new show like "The Legend Of The Lion King"!!!
Dlp really needs more shows like they used to have in the 90s!
Fantasy Festival Stage AND Castle Stage used to run shows couple times a day.  Not anymore. Only Videopolis Stage and Chapparal Theatre are left...
Julia

julesk

I agree with the Tangled themed attraction in Fantasyland. Little Mermaid ride too like WDW has plus more charactor meet n eat options. The tea party used to be brilliant. Finally a Princess buffet style breakfast, as so many people are put off the Princess meal by the menu options. I would do the Princess breakfast everyday.  Failing that, make the princess meal into a Buffet like Inventions.  :D

orangarnold

I do wonder if once Universal's Marvel contract runs out if there will be Marvel stuff in the Studios parks

*TIMMIE*

Bring back the sparkle like it used to have. I think that is more needed than any new/updated rides.  I mean the little entertainment everywhere and anytime, not working details like the lights in the maze, more variation in and quality of food and beverages, more quality stageperfomances, and the smile and Disneyfeeling the employees should bring (some employees are great though). That is missing in the overall experiences.

f.e. performances and table service in the saloon, more small perfomances in main street (barber shop quartet, good morning mainstreet), performances on the stages in Videopolis, the castle stage and in frontierland (fitting the environment).

After that; Polish Discoveryland into its former Discovery glory (SM, more fitting front for buzz) and get rid of the indian village playground. Including ride updates as Star Tours(land) and Phantom Manor.

At last; some unique and/or meant to be rides in all parts; Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones. I sincerely would like the Disney Sea Port Discovery Ride to ensure the Discovery theme and feel in the main part of the land. Behind SM?