2013 Halloween Party

Started by Minne&Mickey92, May 26, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minne&Mickey92

Hi all
Weve just booked a group halloween / birthday trip from the 31st-4th november
we have also booked the tickets for the disney halloween party but have so far struggled to find out what will actually be going on at said event , wondered if anyone had attended in previous years or knew much about this years and could shed any light on what to expect :)
also one of the bonfire shows will be happening on the 4th and we wondered what to expect for this too ?

thanks

clo and craig :pumpkin:

Elaine

I can't help with the Halloween party, but the bonfire show takes place over Lake Disney, at the end of the Village.
It usually starts at 8.30pm, lasts for around 30 minutes, and is a light/lazer/music and fireworks show over the lake in front of the Hotel New York.

No tickets are required for this, so it gets very busy.

nathalie

I was at the Halloween soiree last year.

There are extra shows, extra villains walking around, it lasts untill 1am (at least, last year), we left at midnight though because we were freezing are feet off, and we missed a whole lot of villains and villain side-kicks (like Pain & Panic).

Will be going again this year, and will definatly stay till the end.

Through out evening every special show will be on 2 or 3 times.
There'll be a special program printed which has all info in it.

Minne&Mickey92

Oh great thanks guys :) sounds really good glad it goes on so late as well as we're night owls :) so excited for it now :)

nathalie

We also got to enjoy Dreams twice.
Once for regular guests when the park was closing, and once again around midnight only for the people with a Halloween ticket.

I'm hoping something like that 'll happen again, hehe.

Villains will be seen through-out the entire Halloween season (or most of it), Jack & Sally were there during the entire month, I know that.

Annet

I would really like to visit the Halloween Soiree too this year, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to book tickets. I have an annual pass, so I just need the ticket. I thought it wasn't possible to book these yet, but apparently it is.

Elaine

Quote from: "Annet"I would really like to visit the Halloween Soiree too this year, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to book tickets. I have an annual pass, so I just need the ticket. I thought it wasn't possible to book these yet, but apparently it is.

Previously when we've booked for Halloween party events at DLP, the tickets were for sale to hotel package guests before they were for sale by AP holders. You can call DLP now if you believe the tickets for AP holders are available to buy with your AP discount, and they will sell you the tickets and post them out to you.

DisneyManiac

Oh, the Halloween Soiree, always wanted to be a ticket holder, went last year for the Halloween Festival, really good theming! And the Pumpkin Men returned!!! A little more childish, but still lovely!

Annet

Thanks for the quick answer, I'll make a call tomorrow. If they're not available yet, hopefully they can tell me when they will be. Wouldn't want to miss it!

julesk

Hi, sorry to slightly change subject but considering Halloween week/party for 2014 visit, daughters suprise 7th Birthday present.

Is the Halloween extra shows and pumpkins out all week 27th to 31st or just on 31st?

When do tickets go on sale for the party? Can you book them in say January?

Are the Princesses still in the park, in parades / princess meal etc?

Many thanks

Elaine

Quote from: "julesk"Hi, sorry to slightly change subject but considering Halloween week/party for 2014 visit, daughters suprise 7th Birthday present.

Is the Halloween extra shows and pumpkins out all week 27th to 31st or just on 31st?

When do tickets go on sale for the party? Can you book them in say January?

Are the Princesses still in the park, in parades / princess meal etc?

Many thanks

the Halloween theme (including Halloween season shows) is all over the park all Halloween season, so from earlyish October right through until 1st November.

Yes, still Princesses in Fantasyland, they have their own Pavillion now. And yes, the Auberge de Cendrillon is still a Princess meal.

I'd seriously consider whether you want to go that last week of October though - traditionally its one of DLPs busiest weeks of the year as all French, and most European, schools are off on holiday that week.

amanda08

Really hoping that it is somewhat quieter the week before Elaine1 We are there 21st-25th october and the French schools have already broken up them. Really hate having to go during  major term time. We are quite spoilt here in Holland because several of our school holidays happen whilst the English, Spanish and French schools are still in session.

Elaine

you're in the castle club amanda - so easy for you to head back to your hotel and enjoy the surroundings there if it gets too busy in the parks!

amanda08

Quote from: "Elaine"you're in the castle club amanda - so easy for you to head back to your hotel and enjoy the surroundings there if it gets too busy in the parks!

That's very true Elaine, but I get the heeby jeebies if I can't walk in a straight line without bumping into every body :shock: . Our first ever visit to DLP was in August  :shock: and we swore never again to visit during a peak period - hopefully it will be less crazy then that first time - although back then we did not know the ins and outs  and the best times to be at things etc, tried to eat at the same time as everyone else. Now we know a few more tricks, we should be up to dealing with the crowds (still hoping it's not too bad though)

julesk

Thanks Elaine. Unfortunately we have no choice but to do uk school hols plus we have a halloween daughter so seemed like the perfect birthday gift. Didnt even consider all the french children off, thanks. Really wanted to do the Halloween Party as donE everything else at DLRP already inc xmas. The only thing she wanted to repeat is Buffallo Bills, which she did last week.  :D