favourite hotel buffet

Started by polar vixen, May 18, 2013, 12:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

So, not even booked yet, and already planning our meals for september.  As we have 2 little ones under 3 but with good appetites, buffets make alot of sense for us, as well as it means our intolerant to everything kids can have some variation in what they have to eat as we can always find something suitable.
We're defintiely eating at the plaza gardens, and going to buffalo bill one night, we'd like to eat at inventions, doing a character brunch if we can, but I still need another 4 locations, Agrabah is out, and because I have 2 autistic children who can't deal well with really busy atmospheres, places that are crowded, or loud are out.  So where else would you recommend?  We have half board standard vouchers, but don't mind paying extra for the experience.  We've not dined at any of the hotel restaurants, apart from crocketts tavern, and would like to visit some others, so which would you recommend?  please?

Zee79

If busy places are out I wouldn't recommend the Cheyenne despite food being lovely. The Santa fe is busy but a calmer atmosphere. My friend has just come back from a stay at HNY but didn't rate the food there but did say she would recommend the hunters grill at the Sequoia. We go there in a week and are trying this buffet for the first time.

polar vixen

Have a fantastic time and please let us know what you think!

gemmasteele84

I really dont rate the HNY. From our stay it was the worst place we ate. Really limited selection particually for children. Have heard very good things about Sequoia though. We did have there booked but didn't get a chance to eat there as went to see Diversity instead :)

glenn

hunters grill was my favourite buffet restaurant ,but i think all buffet meals are too expensive,it rearly is hard to eat 27euros worth of food,unless of course you are greedy lol.

polar vixen

I know it's alot, but we tend to take our time, and skip lunch then have an early tea around 3-4, so we make the most of it, + alot of the table service meals while nice are alot more expensive.  Is Hunters grill the one in Sequoia Lodge?

Epcot_Boy

Of the Hotel restaurant buffets I would plump for Cape Cod. It provides a fair selection and I've always found it to be reasonably quiet even when busy. If you love prawns, then they provide some juicy ones, lots of them :thumbs:

In the village, there's a nice Mexican buffet at Le Grange in Billy Bobs. If you eat early it doesn't get that busy, but if you dine late then it can get a little noisy :(

Obviously there's the big(expensive) one at the Disneyland Hotel but I actually think it's not much better than Cape Cod :shock:

The rest of the resorts buffet restaurants are, in my opinion, poor.

David

polar vixen

Yeah, we weren't impressed with the one at crockett ranch last time either :( , hadn't thought of cape cod, which hotel is that one in?
Thanks for your thoughts  :D

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "polar vixen"hadn't thought of cape cod, which hotel is that one in?

Newport :)

David

JediBUZ

For me it's Hunters Grill is by far the best selection for our family.  All though this year we intend to eat at Inventions so we'll see if we feel that is better.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

polar vixen

please keep usposted on that one - I'm very tempted, aren't there characters at all their buffets?  or is it just the brunch?

Zee79

Just returned from DLP yesterday. We tried the Hunter's Grill for the first time and yes it was nice but for 29.99 per adult & 15.50 per child I don't think it was that 'nice'.
We went back to the Santa fe and this was as nice as I remember plus it was 26.99 incl drink per adult and 13.99 per child.

julesk

Inventions is our first choice, the food is lovely, service is great and the charactors are better than anywhere else in the park. Second is Cheyene, much better vegi options and if you go early, its quiet and really relaxing.

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok so quite a few of you ate at hunters grill can any of you please tell me what's in offer for the kiddies?
Got the most fussiest child coming.. My son! Lol were staying in the sequioa also but never had dinner there

julesk

I would recommend Hotel Cheyenne Buffet, if you go early its really lovely and quiet. We have also done lunch here and there was no more than 5 familys there, it was heaven, specially as the park was crazy busy.

Inventions is amazing for the charactors, who seem to be the pick of the best in the entire resort. Yet my daughter and I didnt like the food yet hubby loved it. Food changed very little from one visit to the next.

Plaza Gardens is ok, relaxing but not quite as much to choose from as Cheyenne.

Buffallo Bills food was ok, but hubby said there wasent enough. Vegi option was good. Desert was perfect.

Princess Meal, amazing setting and service. Charactors brilliant yet food not very good for children or Vegi. Yet perfect for hubby. (yep he will eat anything) Desert amazing  :lol:  

Have an amazing time  :D