Redrawn Merida 11 th Disney Princess

Started by tubbsy, May 13, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

(Please move if I have put this in the wrong area or delete if already being talked about)

Saw this article this afternoon and I am actually irritated that they have redrawn Merida - Or am I just being over sensitive and silly? I liked that Merida wasnt the typical hour glass figure with perfect hair Princess.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/brave-direct ... 58932.html

By the way-I am laughing at myself for being so irritated by it all!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

gemmasteele84

No i know where you are coming from. I read it too and my daughter looked over my sholder and said 'she looks different. I dont like it.' so its not just us! lol. The hair being less frizzy I get as it would be harder to draw frizz I think than computer generate it, but she is certainly skinnier and her eyes look much older. I hope it doesnt stick and they go back to the old merida soon.

PrincessEnya

I believe Disney replaced the 2D image of Merida with the regular 3D one this morning on their website (the princess.disney.com one). Guess they're not happy with it after all.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

tubbsy

Thank goodness for that! My daughter and I were getting a bit miffed with the new drawing yesterday.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

julesk

Quote from: "PrincessEnya"I believe Disney replaced the 2D image of Merida with the regular 3D one this morning on their website (the princess.disney.com one). Guess they're not happy with it after all.

That so called improved drawing is aweful, how could they even consider using that in the first place. Merida is perfect as she is and a welcome change from the usual over drawn childrens charactors these days. Thats why we love disney so much, as they (usually) ensure children stay young for as long as possible with no pressure to look plastic. Keep the magic there Disney, pleasssse  [-o<

BoristheSpider

The second drawing looks more like it belongs in game of thrones!