amazing trip, April 28th to May 5th. Day six

Started by gemmasteele84, May 10, 2013, 12:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

Today was a very special day :) Just as we had spent Camerons 6th birthday in the park, today was Caitlins 5th birthday. We didn't plan them so close together but it worked out well! lol.
This morning was our last morning having breakfast in the park and we were back in Chalet de marionette. It was another late start at 9:45 and not much left again. We wern't too bothered this time though as we had the princess lunch booked for 2:30 so knew kids would be eating soon anyway.
Even though she was going to meet princess' later Caitlin wanted to go to the princess pavilion. We were usually there when it opened but managed to get a ticket for a slot an hour later. To pass the time we went on the usual rides Caitlin loved, Peter pan, Casey jr and its a small world. Going into the pavilion we met Sleeping beauty who was lovely. She chatted away to Caitlin wishing her happy birthday and admiring her dress.

Leaving we bumped into these two guys :) Pinnochio accidently signed Caitlins book upside down and Gepetto waved him finger at him lol.

As it was Caitlins day she got to pick what she wanted to do. Amazingly enough she wanted to go on Crushes coaster. Of all the things she could ask to do I think that was the last thing I expected. Poor Mark, as both kids were going on he had to to. He's not good with fast rides and his medication give him pretty bad motion sickness so you can imagine how pleased he was to go on it lol. Amazing Daddy that he is though he did it :) Kids (and Mummy lol) loved it but Daddy was feeling ill so we went to the stage area outside Stitch live for him to sit down. We were very glad we did as suddenly loads of characters came out!

The kids where thrilled to meet Stitch, but found Mushu very funny as he snuck up behind me and scared the life out of me. Obviously very funny.
Now was time for Caitlins princess meal. I've done a review in the dining section so won't go into too much detail here but in summery the food and servce was very dissapointing. The prince and princess' were wonderful so glad we did it but we wouldnt go again.

Caitlin wanted to see dreams so we went back to the hotel for a nap returning to the park about 5pm.
The kids were hungry so we treated them to some popcorn. Funnily enough Disneyland is the only time they will ever eat the stuff lol. Bit like me and the hot chocolate :) On the birthday girls request we went onto the runaway mine train, which Mark strangely enjoyed, and the haunted manor before returning to wait for Dreams. tonight there were a number of carts about selling light up toys. It was really clever as there was a big sign on the cart saying 5 EUROS. However when you go look at the toys more closely most of them are 18 euros and only the Mickey headbands they keep on the side are 5 lol. I saw a lot of parents grudgingly handing over money while their kids walked off with their more expencive toy. I stoof my ground though and only got the kids the cheap ones. Mean Mummy that I am.

Dreams was amazing again. i took loads of photos but most of you will have seen so many by now I'll only share two :)

Not my best photo but I love the Brave section :)
Only 2 days left now :(

julesk

Great pictures, hope we see as many charactors as you all did.

mdw

Great picture of the children with light up ears :-)

Aurora1

want to say the same thing! I love this picture of your kids hugging each other!
And my daughter is a little jealous of you having seen Lilo and Stitch! :stitch_bounce:
 Thank you for taking the time to write a report!

cinderslg

Loving your report. 2 birthdays in one trip is just so special  :D

Rafael

Awesome photos! :)