DLRP or DLP?

Started by DisneyManiac, May 06, 2013, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

This has been baffling me, is the resort still DLRP or DLP?

Zee79

I don't know either, i call it DLP- disneyland paris, the website it disneyland paris. I don't really think it matters if people know what your are refering to.  :)

DGRavenswood

It changed from "Disneyland Paris" to "Disneyland Resort Paris" when the Studios opened in 2002... and then it changed back to "Disneyland Paris" in 2008.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"It changed from "Disneyland Paris" to "Disneyland Resort Paris" when the Studios opened in 2002... and then it changed back to "Disneyland Paris" in 2008.
Thanks DGRavenswood! Your like a living encyclopaedia!

Epcot_Boy

The whole place has been called Euro Disney Resort, Euro Disney Resort Paris, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Resort Paris and now back to Disneyland Paris :roll:

My real interest in Disneyland Paris started in 2002 when it was called Disneyland Resort Paris, so I still always refer to it as DLrP :)

David

ed-uk

It's officially Disneyland Paris, DLP, Disney decided to drop the word Resort.  It's been called Euro Disney (Euro Disneyland Park ), Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Resort Paris and now back to Disneyland Paris again. Epcot Boy just beat me to it.
Ed & David

DisneyManiac

So why is it still DLRP Today and DLRP Magic? Are they wrong?

ed-uk

They just haven't updated.
Ed & David

DGRavenswood

I guess the problem is that you can't update domain names, you have to buy new ones (and hope to sell the old ones or pay double)...
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

DisneyManiac

Oh ok! Thanks guys! My Dad and I have been arguing about this...I Won!

Festival Disney

I believe most people use DLRP to refer to the whole resort area, whilst DLP is used for Disneyland Park.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DisneyManiac

Probably DLP standing for Disneyland Park

alternativerock123

Sometimes on other forms and stuff - if I use DLP people think I mean Disneyland Park in California (even though that's obviously, DLC) but I just say DLRP to break it up.

Personally, I don't care what you use, but call it Euro-Disney and I get a hump.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Ravenseye

Quote from: alternativerock123 on November 26, 2013, 01:25:04 AM
Sometimes on other forms and stuff - if I use DLP people think I mean Disneyland Park in California (even though that's obviously, DLC) but I just say DLRP to break it up.

Personally, I don't care what you use, but call it Euro-Disney and I get a hump.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does not like to hear it called Euro Disney! Your comment made me chuckle. ;D

To be fair though, I find it's usually people who have never been there or have no interest in it that refer to it that way. However, my fiance HAS been there and still calls it that to wind me up. He points out that the 'parent' company is Euro Disney SCA.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Mac

Like many things it's all relative and personal preference. I personally have always preferred DLP and say Disneyland Paris as it is a Disneyland that is (sort of) in Paris :). I think DLP rolls of the tongue better and DLRP sounds a little cold and formal. =) ºoº

For what its worth that is my two cents, pence or Euro cents ;D  Or actual worth that would be $.02c, 1.25p, and 1.4c Euro. 
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº