what restaurants and a few question?

Started by kimdean7a, April 11, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimdean7a

hi
me, my partner,6yr old and 2yr old are going to Disney on 26th may for 5nights  :D . i have a few questions(some a bit silly) and need advice.

*ok we have booked inventions for one night at 6pm and plan to book breakfast at mickey cafe, where else would you recommend ive looked at the menus and cant make up my mind.
* as we arrive on sunday i wana go see the decent on the stairs in main hotel ive read it starts at either 3 or 4 pm, silly question but where is the main entrance for the hotel compared to the entrance to the park :oops: .
*in studios where is the best place to watch the parade and do characters do meet and greet after.
* where about in studios are characters normally i no that buzz has set time but is there characters about.
*how much euros would you take for a family of 4 for the 5nights 6 days we are staying in santa fe so get breakfast,
* i want to take as much snacks and juice for the kids i can is there any restrictions on euro star with the amount you can take ie if there are multi bags of crisps and cereal bars in all bags.

Any other tips and advice you can give would be great as ive got 6 weeks to plan and decide what to do on each day to excited lol :P

jeakat24

There are no silly questions- I'd much rather ask and know the answer.

I'd definitely recommend a buffet lunch or dinner. Plaza gardens and the Agrahbah Cafe are good in my opinion. Annette's diner in the village is also really good. Typical American fair but their portions are a really good size.

You can enter the Disneyland Hotel from just outside the park gates. I never never been in the hotel so I wouldnt be able to direct you towards the reception from there!

The parade characters usually don't do a meet and greet after a parade. Front lot (as you enter the park) has a photo location and it's usually Mikey or Minnie in their Studios outfits.

Another place to meet the characters is outside cinemagique. They tend to appear here and outside Stitch sometimes.

Euros is a tricky one. It really depends on whether you're going on a budget, how many souvenirs you intend to buy and where you want to eat. We're going on a tight budget this year and for two adults and a one year old we're taking about 500 Euros for five days.

The Eurostar doesn't have weir or size restriction on luggage but remember there's only a certain amount of space to store it. Nothing can be left in the walkways and it can get very full! Especially bear this in mind if you're travelling from Ashford because everyone at St Pancras will have taken up a lot of room! That being said, you'll want space to store the items you buy at Disney so by the time you've eaten the crisps you'll have enough room!

Any other questions feel free to ask, and have a lovely time
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemmasteele84

*ok we have booked inventions for one night at 6pm and plan to book breakfast at mickey cafe, where else would you recommend ive looked at the menus and cant make up my mind.
- Buffalo bills is amazing, nice food and good entertainment. We also loved King ludwigs, cheap and very yummy :)

* as we arrive on sunday i wana go see the decent on the stairs in main hotel ive read it starts at either 3 or 4 pm, silly question but where is the main entrance for the hotel compared to the entrance to the park  .
- Not sure sorry but we go before you so will find out and come back and let you know!
*in studios where is the best place to watch the parade and do characters do meet and greet after.
Theres an area in studios called toontown, theres a lot of characters there throughout the day but never seen any do a meet and greet after a parade.

* where about in studios are characters normally i no that buzz has set time but is there characters about.
Except for toontown there are areas chracters sometimes appear. Theres a monsters inc set where we met Sully and Mike, and there was a MIckey mouse and Goofy inside the Blockbuster cafe. If you go onto the disneyland website there are timetables as to where to meet and greet, might be worth checking just before you go :)

*how much euros would you take for a family of 4 for the 5nights 6 days we are staying in santa fe so get breakfast,
I agree depends how much you want to spend and also if you have already paid for Inventions and Cafe Mickey. We're going this time on half board plus and plan to take around £500 and think that might be tight.
* i want to take as much snacks and juice for the kids i can is there any restrictions on euro star with the amount you can take ie if there are multi bags of crisps and cereal bars in all bags.
Again I agree, its a lot to be carrying about. A good idea is to take a few bits then buy more while there. The shop inside the eurostar is reasonable and there is a garage just outside of Santa fe where you can buy snacks at normal prices.

No question is silly :) Ive been planning our holiday to the last detail and have asked LOADS of questions lol.

kimdean7a

Quote from: "jeakat24"There are no silly questions- I'd much rather ask and know the answer.

I'd definitely recommend a buffet lunch or dinner. Plaza gardens and the Agrahbah Cafe are good in my opinion. Annette's diner in the village is also really good. Typical American fair but their portions are a really good size.

You can enter the Disneyland Hotel from just outside the park gates. I never never been in the hotel so I wouldnt be able to direct you towards the reception from there!

The parade characters usually don't do a meet and greet after a parade. Front lot (as you enter the park) has a photo location and it's usually Mikey or Minnie in their Studios outfits.

Another place to meet the characters is outside cinemagique. They tend to appear here and outside Stitch sometimes.

Euros is a tricky one. It really depends on whether you're going on a budget, how many souvenirs you intend to buy and where you want to eat. We're going on a tight budget this year and for two adults and a one year old we're taking about 500 Euros for five days.

The Eurostar doesn't have weir or size restriction on luggage but remember there's only a certain amount of space to store it. Nothing can be left in the walkways and it can get very full! Especially bear this in mind if you're travelling from Ashford because everyone at St Pancras will have taken up a lot of room! That being said, you'll want space to store the items you buy at Disney so by the time you've eaten the crisps you'll have enough room!

thanks for the reply another question i for got was rides i no some dont have height restrictions but do you think 2 1/2 yr old would be ok on pirates and slinky.
have you ever had dinner/lunch in studios or would you recommend leaving and going in to village or the other park to eat.

gemmasteele84

It depends on the child, my daughter was that age when she first went and would have been fine on pirates except for the person who jumped out and scared her at the start, she loved Slinky but shes a little daredevil lol.
fast food in the park isn't as good as in the village IMO but depends what you're after. The Blockbuster cafe is an interesting setting where you can see characters from time to time, resturant des stars is lovely but is a sit down meal, Restaurant en Coulisse I would NOT go to again as the food was cold and even my very unfussy kids wouldnt touch it.

captain rocket

Just to help with the Descent of the stairs, I believe it is on at 4.00 pm. To find the way into the DLH, as you approach Disneyland park the entrance door is on the right hand side from the ticket booths. When you go through this door you will immediately be in the reception where the descent is held.

kimdean7a

Quote from: "captain rocket"Just to help with the Descent of the stairs, I believe it is on at 4.00 pm. To find the way into the DLH, as you approach Disneyland park the entrance door is on the right hand side from the ticket booths. When you go through this door you will immediately be in the reception where the descent is held.

thank you i like to know exactly where im going  :)

Shannon

I came back from Disneyland 2 weeks ago and the Descent of the stairs was at 4 pm, but if you want to check then there should be a sign at the bottom of the stairs which will tell you the time it's on :) don't worry about getting there early if you're pushed for time - it was quite quiet when we were there (but it was a week day) and the characters hang around for quite a while afterwards too for photos and autographs!

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

Zee79

Quote from: "kimdean7a"hi
me, my partner,6yr old and 2yr old are going to Disney on 26th may for 5nights  :D . i have a few questions(some a bit silly) and need advice.

We are going 26th May for 4 nights/5 days but trying the Sequoia for the first time- we usually stay in the Santa Fe  :)

The buffet in the Santa fe is nice and so is the one in the Cheyenne (can be a bit full on with some tourists though). Café Mickey isn't to bad but I would book this with a character meal. Going to try the Hunter's Grill in the Sequoia when we go because we have heard this is nice.

* as we arrive on sunday i wana go see the decent on the stairs in main hotel ive read it starts at either 3 or 4 pm, silly question but where is the main entrance for the hotel compared to the entrance to the park :oops: .

We went in the first time during the summer and were surprised that it's just a plain door near the entrance for extra magic hours, just to the right of main entrance to the park.

Near the stage is a good place but watch for people pushing front of you if you are at the front- make sure your pushchair blocks any gaps but be careful we had a few people trying to sit their children in our pushchair!  We also found the spot right near Aladdin flying carpets was a good spot, it is right where they come out.

In the studios the characters come out a lot more than in the park, normally not far from the main entrance. They often spend a lot longer out as well.

We normally take about 600 euros for a family of 4 but it depends upon where you will be eating. Check out dlrpmagic for rough cost and take it from there.

Any other tips and advice you can give would be great as ive got 6 weeks to plan and decide what to do on each day to excited lol :P

Take advantage of fast pass and extra magic hours.
If can book your tables before 7pm because we have seen places fill up from then.
Need to be at parade sites at least 45mins before they start in the main park to get decent views.
Planning what you will visit is a good start. We normally do studios one day, main park the next planning which rides to do in order of priority and then go from there for the remaining days.
I wouldn't recommend shopping and taking items with you into the parks. If you are going to do any shopping then set aside a specific time so can take them back to hotels, better to be safe than sorry after recent reports from other forum users. I might add we have not had any problems but we normally set aside a few hours on an afternoon to do our shopping.
Hope this helps  :)

gemmasteele84

If you're staying at a Disney hotel you can have your shipping sent back to the hotel for you. Saves carrying it about :)

never2old

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"If you're staying at a Disney hotel you can have your shipping sent back to the hotel for you. Saves carrying it about :)

They can also send your shopping to the Disney Village (I think they're using the WOD store now), if you're not staying in a Disney hotel.

It's a great service! I usually try to get the shopping done in the early afternoon or late morning (depending on what time we eat, really), when the shops are quieter, and always send everything back to the hotel. Just don't forget to mention you want to do it at the beginning!

As others have mentioned, the entrance to the Disneyland Hotel is to the right as you are going into the park. If you go to the EMH you'll walk right past it. Check the time of the show before you go, it can be at 4 or 5,

For restaurants, personally I like to make the most of the buffets (and even more on our next visit, my 2 year old has a great appetite, and at least in the buffets she won't pay!) Agrabah is one of my favourite restaurants in the resort, no trip is complete without a visit there... Plaza Gardens isn't bad either.  If you just want a quick meal, you may find restaurants in the Disney Village are slightly quieter during the day.... If you're going for table service or buffet, always book in advance! Except for character meals you can usually just book in the morning.

The park is opening quite late in May so make the most of it. We're going just before you (24th of May) with our 2 year old and my plan is to go back to the hotel for a nice long nap and rest after lunch. Particularly on weekends when the parks are busier during the day, there's no point in staying around and getting tired and stressed in the long queues... Just get out and come back late afternoon when it gets quieter again.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

kimdean7a

thank you all for your answers its been very helpfull in helping me plan, just want to go now 6weeks and counting

jeakat24

Quote from: "kimdean7a"
Quote from: "jeakat24"There are no silly questions- I'd much rather ask and know the answer.

thanks for the reply another question i for got was rides i no some dont have height restrictions but do you think 2 1/2 yr old would be ok on pirates and slinky.
have you ever had dinner/lunch in studios or would you recommend leaving and going in to village or the other park to eat.

You're welcome. When we go in Sept I'm planning on taking my daughter (who'll be 20 months) on Pirates. I could change my mind but at the moment she's a bit of a daredevil and isn't affairs of anything. The ride is quite dark and there are a couple of drops (they're not steep though). I think it really depends on the child. If that helps!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Zee79

We took our eldest on at 18 months and she was traumatised or so i thought because she is now 10 and since a very young age has been an adrenaline junkie. My youngest who is six went on pirates at 9 months old and loved it. She is terrified of fast rides but has loved Pirates since a baby, the only other 'fast' ride she will attempt to go on is BTM.
I would say try them on Pirates, my two nieces are big chickens but go on this ride (they are 2 years old now) if they hate it you will know haha Only you know your children and can decide whether to put them on rides we only offer advice if asked  :)

kimdean7a

You're welcome. When we go in Sept I'm planning on taking my daughter (who'll be 20 months) on Pirates. I could change my mind but at the moment she's a bit of a daredevil and isn't affairs of anything. The ride is quite dark and there are a couple of drops (they're not steep though). I think it really depends on the child. If that helps![/quote]

My 2 1/2 yr old little boy is a proper little boy not scared of anything, I've watched the video and think it should be ok for him, I'm glad you say they not steep drops coz he might be scared. All I have to worry about is getting my 6yr old girl on it  :roll: