Rainforest Cafe vs Planet Hollywood?

Started by Labyrinth, April 04, 2013, 09:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labyrinth

Which of these is nicer?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

gemmasteele84

ive never been in planet hollywood but was very unimpressed with rainforest cafe. the food was very bland and expencive and there was a funny smell where we were sitting. The animals and everything were amazing but that was it really.

ilovedisneylandparis

In terms of food quality I reckon they're about the same. We prefer Rainforest Cafe for the theming, it just has a lovely feel to it and we like the burgers there - the food at Planet Hollywood was fairly nice but when we went the service was very slow and there was a photographer who kept coming over to take photos of us. He didn't pressure us into buying them or anything but insisted on taking 5 or 6 photos and saying "So pretty!" at separate occasions over the course of our meal which got old quite quickly  :lol: We just ended up feeling a bit watched and uncomfortable :(

So if I had to recommend one - it'd be the Rainforest Cafe :D

jeakat24

For food I would definitely go for Planet Hollywood. I found it tastier and the portion sizes are good.

For themeing though I would pick Rainforest Cafe. I know, not very helpful!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

I agree with jeakat24! The food at Planet Hollywood is fantastic but the theming at Rainforest Cafe is amazing. I can never choose between the two so I always do both on a visit to DLP!

RockNRoller

Food = Planet Hollywood ( agree about the annoying photographer)
Atmosphere = Rainforest Cafe[spoiler:29gsrl6h](especially if you are eating during the thunder storm)[/spoiler:29gsrl6h]
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

TigerLily

I hadn't thought of Planet Hollywood! Think we may well give that one a go if the foods nice :-)

jenniedisney

Personally I love rainforest cafe.
The theming is amazing, and great for kids and adults alike.

I've never really had slow service, mind you I know that this one can be busy so I go at lunchtime around noon.

For me the food is great!! I love the ribs. The chips are fab too!!
Had the platters here too.

It can be quite expensive, but i guess its no more expensive than anywhere else
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

DisneyBart

We've done both a few times and I prefer Rainforest :-D

Samninetysix

Or King Ludwigs??

sven

I've been to Planet Hollywood in DLRP and WDW, Rainforest Cafe only in WDW, so I can't say anything about the RC in DLRP, but I assume they are not that different.

Both chains seem to focus more on show then on food. Especially Planet Hollywood was to much noise, flickering screens, iirc the Florida version even had a DJ talking, inviting guests up on stage. I don't know how someone can enjoy the meal with this surrounding.

Rainforest Cafe is more relaxed but isn't what I want for dinner, too :)