Why do characters barely roam the park here?

Started by disneyismylifeok, March 31, 2013, 03:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

The first time I ever went in '01 I didn't see any characters walking about at all, as far as I can remember.

In 2013 I saw loads; peter pan, captain hook, winnie the pooh, mickey and minnie, goofy, pluto, donald and daisy, chip and dale, pinnochio, rapunzel (i fangirled so hard arghhh), aurora (i met her in the PP), snow white, jack sparrow...there were more but I can't exactly remember.

I don't know if it means that DLP realised they need to send more characters out (most of these were wandering around different parts of Disneyland Park) or if I just happened to get lucky. I guess it's more of the latter though, as I went during a quieter period so it is perhaps easier to meet characters from just walking around. I just hope I meet or spot plenty again this year!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

shaz69

hi I so much need to see peter pan around ill have one very upset disabled little girl if not its her wish to see peter pan

stormflm595

Quote from: shaz69 on June 05, 2014, 07:25:36 PM
hi I so much need to see peter pan around ill have one very upset disabled little girl if not its her wish to see peter pan

Peter Pan usually hangs out in Adventureland close to Captain Hooks pirate ship and the entrance for Pirates of the Caribbean. That is where I met him and I have heard from plenty of other people that they also met him in that area.

Also you could go to City Hall to find out if he will be out and about and what time to expect him =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

orangarnold

When I was in the park last week I was really pleasantly surprised by the amount of characters I actually saw. Off the top of my head there was Genie, Baloo and King Louis, Bert and Mary Poppins, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, Chip and Dale/Tic and Tac, Minnie, Duffy, Rapunzel, Hook and Smee, and a few others I can't properly remember.

Considering on my last trip, which was Halloween I only saw Jack and Sally it was quite the improvement.,

stormflm595

Quote from: orangarnold on June 16, 2014, 01:50:12 PM
When I was in the park last week I was really pleasantly surprised by the amount of characters I actually saw. Off the top of my head there was Genie, Baloo and King Louis, Bert and Mary Poppins, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, Chip and Dale/Tic and Tac, Minnie, Duffy, Rapunzel, Hook and Smee, and a few others I can't properly remember.

Considering on my last trip, which was Halloween I only saw Jack and Sally it was quite the improvement.,

Where did you see Mary Poppins and Bert? Would love to meet them!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

orangarnold

Quote from: stormflm595 on June 16, 2014, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: orangarnold on June 16, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

Where did you see Mary Poppins and Bert? Would love to meet them!

It was by Ribbons and Bows just round the corner where the gates are.

daddyof2

We happened upon Woody by Cowboy Cookout BBQ, met Winnie and Eeyore by Plaza Gardens and saw (but didn't queue for) the Genie by Treasures of Scherrazade and Baloo by Hakuna Matata. We too saw Bert and Mary in the town square, as well as the planned meets for Mickey, Minnie and Rapunzel. We have no complaints :)

Lucyloo

Are there any schedules you can work too regarding characters?  We intended to eat at Cowboy cookout but if we could time it so Woody was there, my son would go wild, he loves him.  Is it just a case of luck as to where and when you see characters?