Paris in the evening

Started by jeakat24, March 22, 2013, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

We really want to do an evening trip to Paris mainly for my mum, whose never been, but we don't want to give up a whole day in the parks (hence why we're not booking the coach trips that Disney do).

I wondered if anyone had done this and have a few questions abut the train.

How much is the train from Disney to Paris and back?

Are the trains frequent, and when is the last one?

How easy is it to navigate/know which train and platform you need etc?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

I don't know about the trains but Disney do a coach trip which is specifically about Paris at night. I believe that it leaves the Hotel New York about 7pm and returns about midnight. Hope this is of some help.

jeakat24

Quote from: "gemma2806"I don't know about the trains but Disney do a coach trip which is specifically about Paris at night. I believe that it leaves the Hotel New York about 7pm and returns about midnight. Hope this is of some help.

That's really helpful thanks. I'm hoping to book our trip this weekend so I'll ask the travel agent while I'm there  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

It's called Paris- The Evening Tour but I'm not sure which days its on and if it relates to specific seasons or not. Definitely can't hurt to ask though!

GeoffD

trains are pretty frequent (maybe every 10 minutes or so).  The last one leaving Paris is at about half past midnight (From Chatelet - Les Halles), getting to Disney at just gone 1am.  (I highly doubt you'll be on that train!).  

The train is about €7 one way, it's cheaper to buy a Zones 1-5 'Mobilis' ticket for just under €15, that will include your journey to and from Marne-la-Vallee Chessy, but also all your metros.  

If you want that immediate wow factor when you get into Paris, take the RER from Disney to 'Charles de Gaulle - Etoile', you'll be at the Arc de Triomphe at the top of the Champs-Elysees!

jeakat24

Quote from: "gemma2806"It's called Paris- The Evening Tour but I'm not sure which days its on and if it relates to specific seasons or not. Definitely can't hurt to ask though!

Quote from: "doddy13"trains are pretty frequent (maybe every 10 minutes or so).  The last one leaving Paris is at about half past midnight (From Chatelet - Les Halles), getting to Disney at just gone 1am.  (I highly doubt you'll be on that train!).  

The train is about €7 one way, it's cheaper to buy a Zones 1-5 'Mobilis' ticket for just under €15, that will include your journey to and from Marne-la-Vallee Chessy, but also all your metros.  

If you want that immediate wow factor when you get into Paris, take the RER from Disney to 'Charles de Gaulle - Etoile', you'll be at the Arc de Triomphe at the top of the Champs-Elysees!

Fab, thank you both.  :D  :thumbs:

And thanks for the Arc de Triomphe tip
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

jeakat24

Hi, for anyone wondering - they no longer do the evening coach trip into Paris  :(

But thanks to all the help here I think we'll be catching the train anyway
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge