Shoes, can we talk comfy ones please!

Started by IrishMinnie, March 13, 2013, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishMinnie

I am heading over on Tuesday to very cold and possibly wet, so I need your expert advice.

I was going to get snow boots (was thinking waterproof etc etc) but having tried them on, I am thinking that they are designed for walking on the soft stuff, not concrete so I am now looking to you all for your best advice re shoes.

What to go for, I need waterproof and warm.

Are snowboots the right or wrong option?

SwipatronSparks

snow boots would be a good option, i have a pair for work which involves ALOT of walking, on concrete down foot paths, up and down stairs made of many different materials (wood, concrete, metal, you name it ive probably walked up them) and they are really warm, comfortable and waterproof, i cant recommend them enough, believe me if my feet wouldn't die in them i would wear them during the summer! the good thing about snow boots is they are designed for walking on the soft stuff and the hard stuff, and they usually have really good grip for walking over potentially slippy stuff! hope this helps

swipes
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

polar vixen

It all depends on your feet, personally I've found that while walking/snow boots feel comfy when being tried on after half an hr of walking they feel really heavy on my feet and my feet are in agony!  Karrimor boots in my opinion are the way to go, (try sports direct to get about 70% off normal RRP).  They're reasonably lightweight, but ULTRA comfortable, and waterproof..  Will wear them out of choice for normal day to day wear at home because they're so comfy.

Elaine

i would go for waterproof walking boots - ie Karrimor.

haribosmum

I bought a pair of waterproof walking boots/trainers from Millets reduced to £25, they were warm and perfect.  but I did take some slip ons for wearing down to breakfast in the hotel!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Samninetysix

And extra socks and extra can of waterproofer just to be safe. I always give my boots 2-3 spray coats of waterproofing so the feeties stay dry

lauralouisemidwinter

I alway just wear trainers, vans or converse. But depending on the time of year I tend to wear 2 pairs of socks, the second pair then to be a fluffy pair. The sleep ones from Primark to be exact :D
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT