Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 8

Started by gemma2806, March 12, 2013, 07:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Got up and headed straight for the Disneyland Park for extra magic hours and so we rode Peter Pans Flight twice and then "it's a small world" twice before heading to Plaza Gardens for breakfast.  We then decided to do Frontierland and Adventureland.

We walked through the entrance to Frontierland and took some photos of the tepees. We walked round Legends of the Wild West and took some views of Frontierland. We then rode Phantom Manor yet again then rode on Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing. It was a lovely day again today so it was very picturesque going round the Rivers of the Far West and taking photos. We saw the Mark Twain in dry dock under the protective cover that was masquerading as a Frontierland building. We then went round to Big Thunder Mountain but Jack wouldn't ride so I went on this by myself. I sat right at the front of the train which meant it was a slower ride but to be honest I didn't enjoy it as much riding it alone. We then went to Adventureland and did some shopping. I loved the giant wooden camel that was built inside one of the shops. Jack found Aladdin's lamp in the outside photo point and then we went up to Pirates of the Caribbean. We had to wait about 15 mins but we finally got to the front of the queue and then we set sail!! Daniel and I love this ride but sadly Jack did not enjoy it and refused to ride again (we were gutted it seemed he didn't like most of the good ones!!)

After pirates we walked to have lunch at Restaurant Hakuna Matata, this was the first time we had eaten here and it was wonderful! I had the spicy chicken strips and wedges, these were so nice and Daniel had the kebab but he said he would have preferred the chicken.  When we got outside Adventureland Rhythms of the Jungle were playing and they were really good fun. They seemed to have so much energy!  We then explored Adventure Isle and Skull Rock, these were both fantastic and Jack had an amazing time running around here. The only down side was that the top of Skull Rock smelled like a urinal!! I wanted to explore Captain Hooks ship but for some reason Jack refused to board it, even though Peter Pan is his favourite thing!  After this we walked round the Robinson Family tree and I could really tell it had been refurbished as it looked so fresh and colourful. We then by chance found Mr Smee and Peter Pan signing autographs so of course Jack was straight in the queue for this. The nice thing for Jack was that Peter Pan was English so he got down to his level and had a lovely chat with him, I think this was the highlight of Jacks holiday!

We then went back over to Pirates Beach and Jack spent some energy here and then we walked back through Frontierland and Jack found Pocahontas Indian Village so we spent an hour here while he played!

We walked back through the park and headed through Disney Village. We couldn't decide what to do for dinner today and as we weren't really hungry we decided to try Earl of Sandwich. This place was great and the sandwiches were lovely. We ate these with a view of the lake and then went outside to get some ice cream from the Ben & Jerry's stand. This was quite nice but expensive for what it was. We ate the ice cream by the side of the lake and while Daniel had a rest on the bench, Jack and I caught the mini train around Lake Disney.

We then had a stroll round the lake and went back to the hotel for drinks before bed. I also went and spent a small fortune in the hotel shop on souvenirs for family and friends. Another successful day done and another fireworks viewing from the balcony before bed!

jeakat24

Shame about POTC but at least he did it once!

We've only seen Hakuna Matatta open once and we decided to eat there while we could. We loved it- the food was so tasty
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge