Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 6

Started by gemma2806, March 11, 2013, 11:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Got up this morning but Jack still wasn't right. We had breakfast at the hotel and then headed to Disneyland Park for the extra magic hours. We rode on "it's a small world" again and Peter Pans Flight then we took some pictures of the Castle and went to see the dragon again. We stopped in a lovely little shop in Fantasyland that has the 7 dwarves cottage built inside it and it really was beautiful with a little stream and a bridge to cross, I couldn't believe I never noticed it till this trip!

Today we decided to do Frontierland so we headed through the main entrance and walked past the shops to Phantom Manor. We were a bit worried about this ride because although Daniel and I love it we were worried Jack wouldn't but he really did like it and so as we left we decided to go on again later in the day. We walked back round to Big Thunder Mountain but Jack got scared of the noise of the train pulling round to the platform so we had to leave it!! I was gutted but we thought we'd try him on this one later in the day to. We went back round to ride the Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing and it was the Molly Brown who was working. We parked up the buggy and joined the queue then realised that it had started to rain and where we had left the buggy was unprotected from the elements and was likely to get soaked so we left the queue to pick it up. By this time the rain turned into an absolute deluge and so we hurried over to the Last Chance Cafe for shelter. At this point the Molly Brown docked and didn't leave again and Big Thunder Mountain was stopped on the island and everyone was made to get off and walk down some steps. I'd never seen this happen before but then the weather had turned nasty very very quickly.

We waited under the shelter for about an hour, watching people running around for cover and getting soaked. By this point we realised that Jack really wasn't feeling well and he appeared to have a bad cold. We all had just our summer jackets on as it had been so pleasant and these provided no protection from the elements and we had nothing waterproof with us apart from Jack's rain cover for his buggy which I always keep handy just in case of sudden sharp showers! We therfore decided the best thing was to have lunch at the Lucky Nugget Saloon as it was close and inside! We had never been here before and we had a lovely set price meal. I had a chicken burger and Daniel had the ribs which he still raves about today!! As Jack was asleep we were allowed to keep his buggy with us in the restaurant. There was a live band playing a set for about 15 mins which was a nice extra and took your mind off the weather outside. After finishing lunch we found it was still pouring outside and the park had emptied so we followed suit and went back to our hotel.

Jack spent most of the day sleeping and as he wasn't well we left him to it as he obviously needed it. Daniel and I had a nap, watched tv, read a book and went back over the photos and video footage we had taken of the holiday so far.

We had dinner booked at the Silver Spur Steakhouse for 6pm but as the rain didn't let up we decided to stay closer to home and went to Disney Village to the Rainforest Cafe instead. It was practically empty when we arrived but for some reason they weren't allowing any families to sit next to the animatronic animals even though all the tables were empty! We still got a good view though and were seated by the elephants. By this time Jack was awake and feeling better, he actually ate his entire meal not just his pudding which was a first this holiday! He loved the place and especially liked the thunderstorm!! Service was brill and we weren't kept waiting for anything. We then had a look at the Rainforest Cafe boutique but Jack was more interested in the amazing aquariums. On the way out we had to stop to see the crocodile as he loved this and had to see it several times every day!

When we left the restaurant we found that it had miraculously stopped raining, it had rained non-stop for 8 hours!! We walked round the lake and stopped in at the Fishermans Wharf Bar in the Newport Bay Club Hotel. I had stayed here previously but Daniel wanted to see inside and he liked the lake view that the bar gave you whilst having your drink. We carried on back to our hotel and then settled down for the rest of the evening in the comfy sofas at the bar. I had lots of pots of tea to warm me up and we decided on an early night so that hopefully Jack would feel 100% by morning. It didn't take long for him to nod off again and then Daniel and I sat on the balcony and watched Disney Dreams! Fireworks which hadn't been rained off.

It was a very very wet and soggy day but we still had plenty more days to do stuff ahead of us!

jeakat24

Sounds like you had a good day apart from the rain!

Normally by about four days in I'm so tired, I dont know how you managed this long  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

Plenty of rest stops!! I think the fact that Jack was sleeping so much it made it slightly easier for us as we are used to having to entertain him all day without any naps so this really was a holiday for us!