Disney Holiday 12nts/13days!! Day 5

Started by gemma2806, March 11, 2013, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

We got up this morning and headed to the Disneyland Park for breakfast at the Plaza Gardens Restaurant. The setting was lovely but it was very busy.

We decided to do Fantasyland today and so we walked through the Sleeping Beauty Castle and headed straight to Dumbo. It was very quiet and we only had a 10 min wait before we took to the air. We then headed straight over to Peter Pans Flight which also had a 10 min wait. This is one of my favourite rides and Jack is a huge Peter Pan fan so he loved this. We then went to Lancelots Carousel and walked straight on, again Jack loved this ride so much that we ended up going on again straight after. We queued for about 15 mins for Snow White and the 7 dwarves , I love this ride but it moves so quickly that you can't take in all the details. Jack liked booing the evil queen every time we saw her. We then queued about 15 mins for Pinocchio and the same goes for this, I love the ride but it moves too quickly to take everything in.  Jack then wanted to go on the carousel again but by this time the crowds were building so we decided to go to Alice's Curious Labyrinth which we really enjoyed going round. We let Jack direct us so we took slightly longer than planned! We got to the Queen of Hearts castle and took some lovely photos of the view over Fantasyland.

By this time we were a bit peckish and we found March Hare Refreshments, this wasn't open but we used the outdoor seats to stop and have a snack at and that's when I found the giant teapot and the dormouse so I took some photos of this. We then headed round to Storybook Land and Casey Jr but sadly Casey Jr was closed for the duration of our stay which was a shame as I was sure that Jack would have loved this as his first roller coaster experience.  We walked straight onto the Storybook boats and this was a lovely little ride which we all enjoyed. We then headed round to "it's a small world" and again got straight onto this. I love this ride but even I had to concede that back to back rides on this can drive you crazy! It was then time for lunch.

We had planned to eat at Pizzeria Bella Notte as we have never eaten there but sadly this was closed. We were just about to find somewhere else to eat when I noticed Piglet appear to meet and greet so I quickly joined the queue to get my photo taken. Then the 20th Anniversary Train came round so we stood with no one else about and watched this finish.

We then walked back through Fantasyland to Au Chalet de la Marionnette and had lunch here. Daniel and I both had the set burger meal and Jack didn't eat as he had fallen fast asleep in his buggy!! We stayed in here for nearly an hour to have a sit down while Jack slept.

I then wanted to explore all the shops in Fantasyland so we went from shop to shop looking at the interiors and buying a few items. I found Willy the Giant looking through the roof in Sir Mickeys which was a lovely extra! After exploring all the shops we headed under the archways and into the castle where I bought my latest Disney Christmas bauble for the tree. I always buy a new bauble whenever I visit this shop and its kind of become a tradition of ours to do this. I was really disappointed to find that the Castle Gallery was closed for refurbishment even though this wasn't stated in the programme and it was closed for the duration of our stay. We then went to the Dragons Lair and Jack was a bit hesitant at first but eventually plucked up the courage to say "hello" to the Dragon so this then became one of his favourite things to see. I absolutely love this dragon it is by far the best animatronic that Disney have.

We then headed out of the park to go back to the hotel and as Jack was awake I was determined to go for a swim but lo and behold as soon as we got back to the room he fell asleep again!  We stayed in the hotel and watched a bit of tv then headed out to Disney Village for dinner.

We had a reservation for 6pm at King Ludwigs Castle and Daniel was thrilled to find that it was buy one get one free on the beer so he made the most of this! We were one of only a couple of groups in there and so we were served very quickly. Daniel had a salad and although he said it was good he said he preferred the salad in Planet Hollywood. I had the chicken and beef stroganoff, this was delicious but the beef was quite tough and didn't add to the meal so I left the beef and ate everything else. Jack had a set meal which he picked at apart from the pudding which again he devoured!  We had a stroll round the village and the lake but then we noticed that Jack was starting to look a bit ill and he was quite snuffly so we headed back to the hotel.

We had a drink in the bar but Jack said he felt poorly so I came back to the room early with him and Daniel followed up shortly. Jack went straight to bed and we followed soon after.

jeakat24

Oh no, I hope Jack didn't get too ill.

Great trip report so far
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge