What has happened to the Sequoia Lodge Lake View Rooms??

Started by gemma2806, March 07, 2013, 03:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Hi all, my plans have gone horribly wrong this year due to unforeseen circumstances but all is not lost as I am still able to go to DLP this year and have just booked for November. I wanted to book a Montana Lake View Room like last year but when I went onto their website there were none of these rooms available to book. I decided to book through Thomas Cook instead and they called DLP to book and requested that I have a Montana Lake View room however reservations also have no rooms coming up on their systems. They have checked availability until the end of December 2013 and there is no way on their system to book this type of room any longer!! Does anyone know why? I don't mind a room without a view but would prefer to have one so do you think it would be possible to ask for a free upgrade on arrival?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SwipatronSparks

Maybe all the lake view rooms will be part of the new golden oak club (supposedly going to be another castle club just without the park views) ... Eitherthat or they are all booked up... When are you planning on going? If its over bonfire night all the rooms will have been snapped up quickly as the bonfire night fireworks take place on the lake not in the parks

As far ask asking for an upgrade by all means try it but do not ask for a free upgrade.... Offer to pay for it!!! Alot of the time they will ugrade you free so you wint end up paying but they are unlikely to go for it if you ask for the ugrade for free
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

gemma2806

Hi swipatronsparks thanks for the reply.

The Golden Forest rooms will be taking over the top 2 floors of the hotel but not all the lake view rooms.

I've booked for the 24th November to the 30th, the lake view rooms are available from now to the 31st October and from then onwards the option to book them just disappears!!

I'll definitely ask to book the upgrade on check in if I'm not able to book before I go, I just don't know why they aren't available for any date after the 31st October.