What's the cheapest way to 'do' Disneyland Paris?

Started by bethd16, March 06, 2013, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bethd16

Hi, I'm thinking of booking a holiday for end of August/early September (I'm aware this is a bit cheaper than the rest of the summer) for me and my sisters- me, 18, and sisters, 15 and 21. Does anybody know of any cheap deals? I've looked around and the most reasonable seems to be disneylandparisdirect.com for around £1100 (spending money won't be an issue until nearer the time). It may only be two of us going and this results in around £830. We wanted to go to the Santa Fe for 3/4 nights. I know everywhere does offers such as 1 day and night free, but has anybody got any suggestions for travel agents or websites that do the best deals? Or whether it's better to book things separately?

Elaine

does it have to be onsite? just thinking that buying annual passes for each of you and then booking the hotel (Kyriad, Magic Circus, Dream Castle, Explorers nearby) through an online agent like travelrepublic, expedia, trivago etc

You could go even more budget if you book something like a Premier Classe or Ibis budget hotel in val d'europe or bussy st george.

gldc

I completely agree with Elaine, the annual passes would cost you about £350 and you can easily get a hotel for 4 days for £300 in the local area - skip the official disney hotels if you want to do disney on a budget. Also, the annual pass will then get you disney on food and merchandise!
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

jeakat24

Definitely watch out for good deals. The Disneyland Paris website is offering discounts from September to November if you book by April at the moment.

It's also worth working out what the cheapest way to travel for you is. We're in the south of England so Eurostar is cheaper for us but it can be really expensive for us to get to London so we usually go by coach instead of train. If you're having to book coaches or trains make sure you check out what their best deals are and how far n advance you need to book to get the best rates.

I find some travel agents charge more than the brochure prices- but Co-Op travel have always been on par for us.

As said previously-  maybe look at staying in an offsite hotel (it definitely brings down the overall price).

We went in September way back in 2007 and it's a good time to go - a bit quieter but the weather is still good!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Scoobysnax97

If you have them, use international hotel points such as Holiday Inn points and look for a nearby hotel.
I stay between Paris and DLP.  Its only 7 stops on the train, 40 mins. 6€ return, so I'm saving £100/night.
Book as soon as EasyJet launch their flight info, so return, it's only £80 ! :)

polar vixen

September is a brilliant time to go, you've still got fantastic wether, but it's really quiet so there's barely any queues, after reading through your ques, and replies, I found that getting annual passes, and then using the discount that you get with them, (35% if you get the best one) to book the hotel (we;re going for davy crocket ranch)  it actually knocked £400 off the price!  Although then of course you have the temptation of going again to use your pass to it's full potential, but still.
Have a fab time!