Please help me plan our trip, not into the big rides

Started by IrishMinnie, March 02, 2013, 12:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishMinnie

We went last year and loved it. We were lucky to have wonderful weather and had a ball. The kids are 8 and 10 and are REALLY not into the big rides.

I feel we only touched the tip of the iceberg last time. We didn't do any of the shows in the studio park other then Stitch live and I would love to make the most of our time this trip.

So, what should we make sure we go to? Is the behind the scenes tour scary?

Is there a parade in the DisneyLand Hotel during the day?

Thanks a mill for taking the time to read  =D>

TigerLily

I'm afraid I can't help really, but I'm watching with interest as when we went last year we didn't do any shows in the studios either (for some reason! Lol)...so am interested in others reviews and recommendations too :-)

When is your next trip?

IrishMinnie

March 19th wohoo!!!!

Little mermaid 240

Hi

Hope this is of some help :thumbs:

Inside, warm and good to rest tired legs  :D

CineMagique - good story an actor get taken through lots of films

Art of Disney animation - interesting and English narration  by head phones

Animagique - good

Outside can be cold and concrete seats

Moteurs...Action! - quite good husband likes it

For Studio Tram Tour have a look on YouTube or DLP Magic that give some good info .

Just one other point Avoid Crush's Coaster if you don't like big ride the motion sickness warning is not kidding!

You may like Big Thunder Mountain even though its a big thrill ride its not scary have a look on YouTube
Little Mermaid x

Elaine

no, theres no parade inside the Disneyland Hotel, but there are characters there in the afternoons on Thursday through to Sunday inclusive each week. Its at 4pm or 5pm (check the noticeboard inside the hotel for the correct timings).

TigerLily

March 19th? Niiiiiiice!  :thumbs:

Little mermaid - thanks in particular regarding the Moteurs Action tip...a husband pleaser will go down a great lol.  Not long till your trip now either...your counter says 3 weeks until disneyland hotel - I bet it's lovely there!  :shock:

TigerLily

*a treat, not a great oops!

IrishMinnie

Ah thanks a mill  :D

cinderslg

Have you explored adventure isle area and the tree house?  we havent yet but its on my to do list for May.
I would also say have a look at thunder mountain on you tube, its a fun ride  :D

IrishMinnie

Thunder Mountain would freak the kids out  :cheshire_bounce:

Was wondering about Pirates of the Caribbean, is that a fast / dippy tummy one?

I am also trying to find a good reliable weather forecast  :thumbs:

IrishMinnie

One other thing, we are staying in Cheyenne, is it true that you can have your breakfast somewhere else? I mean for free  :D

ed-uk

You can have your breakfast in the park - I think that which restaurant you get to use depends on your hotel and availability.  We did it a couple of years ago and it was great to be  in the park when it was reasonably quiet - it was during the early magic hours and as it was in July we finished off our breakfast out side Au Chalet de la Marionette, sitting outside in the sunshine.  Certainly seemed quieter than Hotel Cheyenne breakfast but was still busy and they allocated a time (at reception).
Ed & David

IrishMinnie

Thanks!

I am so worried about the weather, some sites are showing snow and freezing rain for the week we are there :(

never2old

Quote from: "IrishMinnie"Thanks!

I am so worried about the weather, some sites are showing snow and freezing rain for the week we are there :(

I find that no sites are very reliable unless you're looking two or three days ahead... I'm exactly the same as you of course and I start checking weather forecasts as soon as I know the dates, if they're too far ahead I even try to find the previous years averages to get an idea...  But really there is no point in worrying until a few days before. And even then, don't let it spoil your fun! Take plenty of waterproof / warm clothes (and shoes), if it does rain (or even snow) concentrate on the inside rides, and the shops... I have found many times that when the rain stops, a bit of sun comes out, and the light is simply beautiful.... The park looks absolutely stunning! So keep your fingers crossed ;)

Pirates is an excellent ride, there are a couple of dips but not scary. I think you should give it a try. If you're not too sure, you can always go by yourself, and then if you think it's OK go back with the family - the queues are normally fairly short so it should be easy.

The show with the characters in the DLH is really nice, check it out if you get the chance. It's usually not too busy and gives the kids a good chance to meet the characters.

If you're going to do the Stunt show, make sure you have plenty of warm clothes, and maybe grab a hot drink before. It can get very chilly, sitting outside for so long!!

Have a wonderful time!!

princessemily

Was wondering about Pirates of the Caribbean, is that a fast / dippy tummy one?

We took ages to convince my son, then aged 7 and a pirates of the caribbean fanatic, to go on this ride.  Once he did it, he loved it.  There are a few dips but you can nearly predict when they come up, so its not so bad.  I am no good on anything fast/swoopy and a disaster on spinny rides, but even I enjoy it.  Trying to build myself up for BTM, this trip.  We arrive (from Dublin) the same day as you.
Sequoia  Lodge - May 2004
NPBC- September 2005
SL - June 2006
SL- June 2007
Ch -December 2007
NY - September 2008
SL - March 2009
SL- March 2010
NY - March 2011
SL - January 2012
Ch - March 2012
NPBC -March 2013