Trip Report 18th-22nd Feb 2013 @ Hotel Cheyenne

Started by andlorna, February 25, 2013, 07:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

This is the first time i have written a trip report so i hope you enjoy.

DAY 1

We left Liverpool on the Sunday and stayed in the Holiday Inn which is 5 mins from the Eurotunnel. We got the 7.20am train the following morning . We have driven several time's and find it a relaxing experience the rd's are nowhere near as busy as the one's back home.
The first sign that it wont be long now.

We arrived at the Cheyenne at around lunch time. We booked in and was given our room key straight away. This time we where given a room in the Sitting Bull Guest House which was not far from the main building.
When we got in the room the kid's had a nice suprise of a cuddly toy each. The room also had a kettle and tea/coffee which we have never had before.

We unpacked and headed straight to the park stopping off to have a look at the new World of Disney Store.

It was a lovely sunny day a little cold but overall was expecting it to be much colder. The kid's where both very excited having not been for a year. As we walked into the park the 20th Anniversary sign hit us straight away with the sun reflecting off it ,it really was a wonderful sight.

The park was very busy we headed towards Big Tunder Mountain which is the kid's favourite ride.

The queue was very long as alway's there was lot's of people complaining about how many time's it had been closed due to technical faults. The 5 day's we where there it closed lot's of times.

We managed to get on quite a few ride's taking full advantage of the fass pass tickets.
We decided we would pay Mickey a visit. As we got to the doorway the waiting time was 50 mins. As you queue you do get to watch Mickey Mouse cartoons so it does pass the time away.

We had tea at Colonel Hathi's and went on a few more ride's. It was around 7pm so we decided to go and get a good spot to video the Disney Dream's show. It was worth getting at the front as you had a clear view infront of you.  

WOW what a show a truly magical experience to watch. Fantastic music brought a tear to my eye.

Day 1 over more to follow.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

gemma2806

What lovely photos you've taken, can't wait to read the rest of the report.

andlorna

Thank's   :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Zee79

Lovely pictures of Dreams! Weather looks nice compared to here at that time.
We have done the same thing for the past couple of years but from the North East.  We are staying at the Holiday Inn near the tunnel in May for the first time- What was it like?

andlorna

We have stayed there for the last couple of years. Nice basic room. The kid's sleep on a pull out sofa bed which is usually made up for you when you get there. There is a hairdryer and tea/coffee. We have never stayed for breakfast we usually get a take out one as we have in the past got an early train. This year we had breakfast which you dont have to pay for. There is hot food as well as cold . Great value we only paid £45 for 4.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Zee79

Thank you for that. I think we've paid £60 for 4 but it is May half term. We wanted to be closer to the tunnel this time. I can't remember our train time (my dad is driving) but i think it's an early one so good to know about a take out option.

mdw

Quote from: "andlorna"We have stayed there for the last couple of years. Nice basic room. The kid's sleep on a pull out sofa bed which is usually made up for you when you get there. There is a hairdryer and tea/coffee. We have never stayed for breakfast we usually get a take out one as we have in the past got an early train. This year we had breakfast which you dont have to pay for. There is hot food as well as cold . Great value we only paid £45 for 4.

Strange question but does the sofa bed make two singles or a double?

andlorna

It's a double.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

mdw

Thank you. We r staying at the holiday inn and thenthe Cheyenne in May so really interested in your trip report :-)

norhel

Nice report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

TigerLily

Lovely report and pictures!

AislingM

Lovely pictures , your children are so cute!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Rafael

Great report! :)

andlorna

DAY 2

Where woken up by Mickey Mouse on the end of the phone after booking an alarm call. Had decided to take advantage of the extra hours so had breakfast at 7.30. This seemed a popular time as it was busy.

The sun was shinning but it was still a bit chilly when we set off towards the park.

Went on all the ride's that where open Dumbo,Le Carrousel only Fantasyland open's early.
10.00 and we headed over to Discoveryland Buzz Lightyear is a favourite ride of my husband and son as they like to see who get's the highest score.

My son Finn won his dad this time. My husband was blaming the gun he was using....typical.

Neive wanted to buy an autograph book so we did a bit of shopping...she also spotted a hat .

Went over to Adventureland disapointed that the Pirates of the Caribbean ride was closed as this is one of our favorite rides.

Next onto Frontierland went on Big Thunder Mountain this is Neive's favorite ride.

Phantom Manor next did not have to queue for long.

Time for a snack before we headed over to the Studio's

Time to meet Mickey and Minnie and get their autographs.

Toystory Land next. There is so much to look at here love it.

Watched Dreams again....it's just a lovely thing to see.

Tea at Planet Hollywood.

PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

ilovedisneylandparis

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing! How did you book the wake up alarm call from Mickey?! I didn't know you could do that, I'd love to :D