prices??

Started by lynny, February 25, 2013, 07:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynny

since when have rooms @disney been per person per night,no wonder prices have gone through the roof HNY is £240 per person per night now thats almost £500 for 1 night :shock: 7 yrs ago when i 1st went for halloween it cost £900 for 2 adults a 4yr old and a 12yr old for 2nts 3days HNY and eurostar :thumbs:  and 4 yrs ago i didnt pay much more but the last 2 yrs the prices are mad! even with the discounts they are mad and we always used to upgrade to empire state club when it opened for about£150 now they charge that per night :shock:  its all gone mad and as i work in a school and cant go during term time i'll be looking to stay offsite and maybe buy an annual pass @ least then i can go more than once.......... :evil: sorry rant over :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Epcot_Boy

I know what you mean lynny :(  Late July this year it's £275 a night for a Montana room in the Sequoia, with the 30% UK discount. At the Radisson, which is a superior Hotel in every way, it's only £114 (prepaid) a night.
Now I know with the Sequoia you get location and Park Tickets included, but really, £159 more a night for location and park tickets. I think DLrP really need to have a long hard look at the road they are taking regarding pricing :x
I have paid a deposit for the Sequoia for July, but I must admit I have recently been thinking long and hard about staying at the Radisson this time. I know getting the bus all the time can be a pain but if it's going to save me over £1000 then I think I can bear the pain ;)
Really, DLrP, £275 a night for a 3* Hotel (with a 30% discount  :roll: ), in my opinion it's really only a 2* Hotel. Apart from the theming and location..........well I don't know :lol:

David

Zee79

It depends on who or should i say where you book from. Taking some advice from members on here, i looked at DLP via the french site and guess what, when converting prices they were 400euro cheaper than the uk site. I could get the sequoia lodge for the same price that i would be paying for the sante fe in the uk. i would check out what people say on the forum, they can save you a small fortune!

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: "Zee79"It depends on who or should i say where you book from. Taking some advice from members on here, i looked at DLP via the french site and guess what, when converting prices they were 400euro cheaper than the uk site. I could get the sequoia lodge for the same price that i would be paying for the sante fe in the uk. i would check out what people say on the forum, they can save you a small fortune!

How do you do that then ?
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Aurora1

I did just that. I`m from Switzerland and I booked throu the UK site. It worked perfekt, got all my confirmation mails.
You go to you "home" booking site, at the bottom of it you can change the country-->do that to what ever country you want, and check out the prices.
When booking, just do everything "normal" as you would on you home-site. BUT leave the country as it is (UK, France or whatever it is) it won`t matter, because everything is sent to you by email!

For the offer I took, I saved a bit: We are staying 5days/4nights and payed even a little less as I would have on the Swiss site for 3days/2nights.
I think I wouldn`t have ahd the guts to do it, of I hadn`t read the thread"are you allowed to do that".

Aurora1

lynny

I have looked @ the french site before but there are 2 french options ,which do you choose :roll:

I am considering staying @ the kyriad now during august  and buying a annual passses then returning for either halloween or christmas....can get 2 trips for the price of one booking and staying onsite :shock:

i'm sure prices used to be per room though,and i'm sure they put prices up to make it look like a good deal with all these offers that are on :evil:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

lynny

I have looked @ the french site before but there are 2 french options ,which do you choose :roll:

I am considering staying @ the kyriad now during august  and buying a annual passses then returning for either halloween or christmas....can get 2 trips for the price of one booking and staying onsite :shock:

i'm sure prices used to be per room though,and i'm sure they put prices up to make it look like a good deal with all these offers that are on :evil:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

lynny

HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

SwipatronSparks

prices have always been per adult per night.... or at least they have been for as long as i can remember...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Samninetysix

I phoned for a "room only" price yesterday - No tickets, insurance, travel options - just Bed & Breakfast. With shareholders discount it was £359 per night in a standard room at Sequoia Lodge and £763 per night at Disneyland Hotel. How on the face of this earth do DLP come up with prices like that, these are prices for a room and a fairly shabby breakfast for 1 night (ok DLH breakfast is better). £763 would get a family a week in Spain with probably half board at least and flights!!. We've been to DLP 44 times so far, I don't see it getting to 50

Samninetysix

Oh and we ended up booking a room in Explorers with breakfast For £100. With free shuttle that's a price I can put up with.

BTW if anyone is interested, last September we booked 6 days in a 3 bedroom mobile home at La Croix du Vieux Pont campsite in Berny Riviere, it's about an hours drive from DLP or they do a bus to DLP every Thursday and one to Paris on Wednesdays. We paid £151 including ferry crossing, 3 bedroom (1 double & 2 twin) accommodation with en-suite for the double room, decking outside, site has 3 bars, 3 restaurants and snack bars, fishing lake, boating lake, swimming lake and indoor and outdoor pools. It's an option if you want to visit DLP as part of a MUCH cheaper holiday. £151 for up to six people.......

Zee79

Quote from: "Samninetysix"I phoned for a "room only" price yesterday - No tickets, insurance, travel options - just Bed & Breakfast. With shareholders discount it was £359 per night in a standard room at Sequoia Lodge and £763 per night at Disneyland Hotel. How on the face of this earth do DLP come up with prices like that, these are prices for a room and a fairly shabby breakfast for 1 night (ok DLH breakfast is better). £763 would get a family a week in Spain with probably half board at least and flights!!. We've been to DLP 44 times so far, I don't see it getting to 50

When is that for? That is steep! we've booked for May half term, in November, and got the Sequoia for £700 for 4 nights due to annual pass. My brother got lakeside Montana for £850 for 4 nights family of 5.
It is getting expensive, i look and compare prices with beach holidays but for what we pay with the kids and i prefer A.I on beach holidays it is far cheaper and i feel happier that i can have 2 holidays a year in disney :-)

Summer last year we rented an apartment in Montrevain for a week and bought the annual passes and it worked out cheaper, we went thirds on cost (in Aug) and paid £200 (each family)  for the week. We would do this again, just may be not 11 of us in an apartment- i can't 'live' with my brother haha.

Samninetysix

My enquiry was for 1 night - 10th April this year

Samninetysix

Not forgetting of course that the Explorers room at £100 with breakfast for 2 people didn't include any shareholders discount

amanda08

Quote from: "Samninetysix"My enquiry was for 1 night - 10th April this year
That makes me feel much better about what we have paid then!  690 pounds for 4 nights sL in may and 1200 pounds for 4 nights in DLH in october (both booked on the 2 nights free offer)