First Visit - help!

Started by Foxy_Hols, February 19, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxy_Hols

Hi all,

It's me and my friend's first visit to DLP from 2nd Sept-6th, and we're staying at the Santa Fe, really excited about going but was wondering if anyone who has been to this hotel and anyone who has gone to DLP at that time of year could give me some tips? i.e crowd numbers, weather, what the hotel is like! I have tried looking up all this myself, but haven't had much luck!

I do also know that the Santa Fe is having some re-furb work done, which is a good sign! Any tips/advice would be most helpful!

Disneyland Paris 2nd -6th Sept 2013 - Santa Fe
Walt Disney World \'96, \'97 & \'98!

Zee79

Quote from: "Foxy_Hols"Hi all,

It's me and my friend's first visit to DLP from 2nd Sept-6th, and we're staying at the Santa Fe, really excited about going but was wondering if anyone who has been to this hotel and anyone who has gone to DLP at that time of year could give me some tips? i.e crowd numbers, weather, what the hotel is like! I have tried looking up all this myself, but haven't had much luck!

I do also know that the Santa Fe is having some re-furb work done, which is a good sign! Any tips/advice would be most helpful!

Hi,
We've been to the Santa Fe about 5 times now and enjoy it. It is a basic hotel but rooms are clean and comfy, nothing special but what more do  you want if you are sleeping there- I think it's the best sleep i have when i stay there :) . The Santa Fe one of the calmer hotels. We are only going to the Sequoia this year because we have annual passes so got a nice discount off the hotel price, going back New Year probably to the Santa Fe. Its bar is small but they often open up the dining area if too full. The all you can eat buffet is lovely and costs 26 euro each including a drink and would recommend you either eat here or try another hotel for food, it is something different than just eating burgers etc.  Breakfast can get busy after 7:45am so earlier the better if you can manage early starts-  on that note take advantage of the EMH.

We've been last week of august and weather not as hot so much more comfortable, parks seemed less busier than normal but still busy- so fast pass the busy rides.
Plan your days in advance if possible. Do studios one day magic kingdom another and then whatever rides you haven't manage and shopping on the remaining days. I would recommend choosing to shop either at end of day or choose a morning or afternoon to shop and then return any purchases back to the hotel before going back on the rides.

Hope this helps  :)

Foxy_Hols

Thank you for replying, Zee79! I really appreciate what you've told me of your time at Santa Fe and the parks, it's really helpful :D! Shall take note of the advice and write it in my little book :mickey2:!

Cara

I went to Santa Fe in February and I also went to Disneyland in September from 6th to 9th last year.
First off, Santa Fe is lovely, (this was before the refurb!). Breakfast can get a bit manic so my advice is to go early!
In September, it was of course busier than February but it was amazing all the same! I think the hottest it got was 30 degrees c on the last day.
Yes, plan your days (go to cinemagic in the middle of the day to avoid the sun or go on crush at lunchtime) get fastpasses and hope you have a lovely trip!  :ears:

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

gemma2806

Hi Cara, I've not been to the Santa Fe myself so wouldn't like to comment but I went to DLP last September. I booked this time of year as when I had visited before I found it nice and quiet for a relaxing visit, this was not to be the case though last year. The Spanish children had a longer summer holiday and so were there in force! I visited from the 6th September to the 18th September and found it busier than when I had gone in the summer holidays and at Christmas but this is not the norm so don't panic!! I still had a wonderful time but would definitely avoid the weekends and when the schools are out. If you're unsure you can usually find European school holiday dates on google. The weather was beautiful and I only had a couple of rainy days towards the end of the holiday otherwise it was glorious sunshine.

Definitely plan your days and decide between you and your friends the rides and attractions that are a must for you to do. If you get all those done then any extras are just an added bonus!!

sarahmumof4

We stayed in the Santa Fe 2 years ago.
Room was fine . Basic but just a base .
Breakfast is crazy . We went for 7 am and massive queues !!!
Got back yesterday from a visit and stayed in a partner hotel which was nice but preferred being on site so if we go again will use Santa Fe.
We had to get a shuttle and it was crazy. Got to the stop , generally first one there each time. Shuttle arrived and everybody just surged on, pushing and shoving. Once we didn't even get on even though we were first in the  ' queue' . For that reason I would also use Santa Fe as it was about 10/15 minute walk to and from the parks
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Foxy_Hols

Oooh! Thank you all for your replies! I really appreciate it :D! Shall take note of everything that's been said! I'm getting really excited now :ears: !

bamberrr

I have got to be honest and say that i have stayed in the Santa fe during summer holidays and found it just a little to busy, queues for everything, from check in to breakfast, to using the shuttle.. which gets crazy full with people pushing to get on, so much that last year when coming back from the park me and my sister managed to get on but my mum didn't, we couldn't get off as was trapped in the middle and then had to wait 30 mins at reception for our mum as we hadn't checked in yet and had to wait for her to get the next bus. Not the kind of thing you want when its the middle of summer. In the summer i would  say the best hotel to stay in is newport bay,It has a large pool and closer to the parks, if not then I would change to the Cheyenne if you can.