can toddler ride on lap on any rides?

Started by ryanc, February 14, 2013, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanc

Hi,  was just wondering if toddler can ride on my lap on any rides in the park and the studios?

Im asking because we are a family of 5 and i know that on many rides you have to go in pairs to ride.  Im thinking of rides like dumbo, peter pan, flying carpets, buzz, autopia etc or does he have to be sat unaided?

thanks any info appreciated

bad-pink-tink

Im not sure, as I dont have kids but I know Disney have something called BABY SWITCH. This is where you queue up as a family, but one parent goes on the ride with the older children and 1 parent waits with the baby. When the ride ends, the parents switch out, the parents swapping places, and the second parent takes the place of the first parent on the ride with the older kids,. This also means that the older kids get to do the ride twice, once with each parent  :)  Im not sure which rides this service is available on though
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

ryanc

Yesthank you ive heard of baby switch and will probably make use of this on bigger rides, but would like to take him on the smaller rides (he is almost 3).  Just thought that if he could sit on my lap, i could ride with one older child and my husband could ride with the other? (7 year old twins).

PlumBelle

I've seen a parent riding with two small children on Buzz, flying carpets, dumbo and peter pan before, so you may be able to sit your toddler between parent and another child. I dont think that children can ride on laps because of the lap bars.
Easter 2000 - Cheyenne
November 2004 - Santa Fe
22nd May 2011 - Santa Fe

6th-10th June 2012 - Seqouia Lodge
Christmas 2016 - Santa Fe
Christmas 2017 - In the planning stages!

gldc

When I worked in Fantayland we allowed children on laps.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

gemmasteele84

we were not allowed to do it when we went with my daughter and she was 2 months off being 3. But she went on most rides sitting next to either me or my husband. my 6 year old neice was allowed to sit alone on quite a few as long as we were either in front or behind her.

julesk

We where not aloud to either, she had to sit next to us. Specially when being strapped in/on was invloved.