News from the Shareholders roundtable (13th Feb)

Started by gldc, February 14, 2013, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

Couldn't find this anywhere on here but yesterday was the shareholder's roundtable.

Not much said about ratatouille but they're investigating magic bands, expanding Disney village and more.

http://bit.ly/Zd5p90
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

perrollaz

Thanks for posting the news.
Great to hear that they plan to expand Festival Disney!
There must be at least one additional show/disco/etc to celebrate the night!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "perrollaz"Thanks for posting the news.
Great to hear that they plan to expand Festival Disney!
There must be at least one additional show/disco/etc to celebrate the night!

I'd hope so, there's never really much to do except eat and shop. If I wanted that, I'd go to the local city centre... It's not as though DV is that attractive either, with that grubby floor and tacky ageing buildings that appear neglected! The original part of the Village definitely needs that Disney Difference brought back  :idea:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

|Q|

Let's talk about the fact the next attraction won't be Toy Story Midway Mania. So, do you think it is goin to be something Marvel-themed in WDS, or the Star Wars expasion in Discoveryland? ;)

Q

ed-uk

I'm not a big fan of Marvel, so I'd rather have the Star Wars expansion in Discoveryland,  it has been a long time since DLP did some expanding in Disneyland Park. That said, WDS needs expanding more, and a Marvel themed attraction could work well in the Studios, the franchise is popular enough, but it sounds like it could be a thrill ride to me and I'm not keen on them.
I did read some somewhere that Marvel Land was up for consideration at Hong Kong Disneyland, it will be interesting to see what happens there.
Ed & David

andrewuk

This has got to be great news.

Firstly: the shop is going to be there in Ratatouille. As I have said before, with a big project, Disney don't cut corners.

Second: there is every reason to expect Star Wars Land in 2015. This is just what the Disneyland Park needs, although I imagine that walking between Cafe Hyperion and Space Mountain is not going to be much fun!

Third: they are taking a break from Pixar based attractions. As good as they are, DLP's new attractions need to involve the rest of the Disney universe. Can I hope for a Wreck It Ralph attraction?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "andrewuk"Third: they are taking a break from Pixar based attractions. As good as they are, DLP's new attractions need to involve the rest of the Disney universe. Can I hope for a Wreck It Ralph attraction?

Be nice if new attractions didn't have to be linked to the Disney Universe at all some times, like in the past.    I'm thinking the type of attraction that this Pirates, Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor

ed-uk

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"
Quote from: "andrewuk"Third: they are taking a break from Pixar based attractions. As good as they are, DLP's new attractions need to involve the rest of the Disney universe. Can I hope for a Wreck It Ralph attraction?

Be nice if new attractions didn't have to be linked to the Disney Universe at all some times, like in the past.    I'm thinking the type of attraction that this Pirates, Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor

I don't understand what people mean when they say "be nice if new attraction didn't have to be linked to the Disney Universe at all times" DLP is part of the Disney Universe.  Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and Efterling can build rides and attractions that have nothing to do with the Disney Universe, but when we go to DLP,  isn't the DIsney Universe where we want to be?
Ed & David

andrewuk

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"

Well I would love them to build another one of those, but with Mr Franchise (Bob Iger) at the top it is not going to happen. If we could get HKDL's Mystic Manor at the back of Adventureland that would be fantastic, but that's just wishful thinking. I didn't really mean just the Disney movies; I agree that something totally original would be fantastic.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

ed-uk

I take the point about building rides that are an original idea not based on a Disney film franchise, like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, which of course were  eventually turned into films anyway, but surely Disney films and DLP are both part of the Disney Universe.  We can go to other non Disney theme parks if we want to get away from the Disney Universe, and find rides and attractions not based on Disney film franchises.
Ed & David

captain rocket

Totally agree ed-uk. I want my attractions to be Disney themed when I go to DLRP! As to the hope from andrewuk that we get a Wreck it Ralph attraction, well I think it is far to early in the franchise to be talking about an an attraction based on a new film that has yet to prove popularity and, more importantly, staying power! This way you end up with a sad, outdated attraction like Armageddon, based on a moderaetley successful film that many people have only seen on tv or have forgotten completely

andrewuk

Quote from: "captain rocket"Totally agree ed-uk. I want my attractions to be Disney themed when I go to DLRP! As to the hope from andrewuk that we get a Wreck it Ralph attraction, well I think it is far to early in the franchise to be talking about an an attraction based on a new film that has yet to prove popularity and, more importantly, staying power! This way you end up with a sad, outdated attraction like Armageddon, based on a moderaetley successful film that many people have only seen on tv or have forgotten completely

Yes, you're quite right there. Even so, the problems with Armageddon go deeper than the film itself.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Aladar

In my opinion, one of the best things about Disneyland is that most of the attractions ar not based in Disney Films. The original vision of Walt Disney for Disneyland was that it was a new medium of creating NEW stories and experiences. Originally at Disneyland there were only a few attractions based on Disney films, and all of them were in Fantasyland, while the rest of the park was a totally different experience. I love Disneyland Paris attractions and almost all my favourites are not based in Disney Films: Rivers of America, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Space Mountain, The Disneyland Railroad, Rock & Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror... What makes Disneyland different from other amusement parks is that it takes you to fantastic places and times in a way that no other park has ever accomplished, and I want Disneyland to transport me into Disney films, but I also want new and original experiences.

ed-uk

It's a question of personal taste. Amongst my  favourite rides are Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pans Flight, BTM and the Mark Twain/ Molly Brown River Boats. I love the dark rides in Fantasyland based on Disney films, Snow White, Peter Pan and Pinocchio,  i always go on them when i'm at DLP.  In Adventureland I like Captain Hooks Galleon and Scull Rock from Peter Pan and the Tree House from the Swiss Family Robinson. In Discoveryland The Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, another Disney film, and of course our beautiful Sleeping Beauty Castle from the classic animation film, Sleeping Beauty. When I go to Disneyland I want to be transported into the world of Walt Disney and he was a film producer and animator who created some of the best loved characters in the world. All the shows and parades feature Disney film characters, including Disney Dreams.
The history of the Walt Disney Company is rooted in film and animation and that's how Walt Disney built his reputation.
I know Walt Disney originally kept his toon characters in Fantasyland,  like he kept his theme parks in America, but the Disney company has now built on that  and we can find more rides and characters from Disney films in other lands,  like we can find Disney theme parks in other parts of the world,  Paris and Tokyo. I'm not suggesting all rides should be based on films or that Disneyland should be turned into a movie theme park, i leave it to the company to decide what rides they need to develop. I just ask that they don't build too many roller coasters.
Ed & David