Darth Vader

Started by DisneyDonna, February 12, 2013, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyDonna

Last november we ran into Darth Vader in Discoveryland. But after checking the 'Character Central' site it seems that Darth Vader is never out, only during special events and such? Hopefully this means he's out more often, because I would love to meet him and perhaps Chewbacca again!

nathalie

When I was there september 2011, there was nothing special going on, and it was in the weekly-program that characters of Star Wars would be around where Star Tours is for meets at certain hours, and we got to see Darth Vader then too.

Zee79

I haven't seen Chewbacca since 1992! He was stood outside Star Tours shop.

vdBurg

I don't how Star Wars characters are regulated at the park, but I do know the reason why Chewbacca is such a rare character: I heard it takes an extremely long Cast Member to fit inside the costume. They simply don't always have someone available for Chewbacca.

DisneyDonna

Quote from: "vdBurg"I don't how Star Wars characters are regulated at the park, but I do know the reason why Chewbacca is such a rare character: I heard it takes an extremely long Cast Member to fit inside the costume. They simply don't always have someone available for Chewbacca.

that actually makes sense. Hopefully they'll find someone soon :)

BlaiseCarlisle

Just wondering, did Darth Vader talk to you, and if so, could he say anything, or just lines from the movies? He's definitely one of the characters I'd be more interested to meet.

vdBurg

Quote from: "BlaiseCarlisle"Just wondering, did Darth Vader talk to you, and if so, could he say anything, or just lines from the movies? He's definitely one of the characters I'd be more interested to meet.
I don't believe Vader talks in the parks (yet), perhaps he makes some breathing sounds... But the most Vader appereances in the Parks are as enemy in the Jedi Academy show, with prerecorded sentences being played during the show. In the future Vader might very well chat with parkguests, WDI is currently working on talking characters and it is only logical to see this technology implemented into Darth Vader.

nathalie

We didn't hear him talk at all.
The only way he seemed to express himself was with hand-gestures.

Thaliel

We were lucks to meet him during our last visit in May 2012, the times when he was around seemed pretty random
<-Plz click