check in times/bag pick up questions disney express

Started by ryanc, February 07, 2013, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanc

hi, i am going to dlp by eurostar on 27th feb and was hoping somebody might be able to answer these questions for me?

we are planning on using disney express and going straight to the parks on arrival ( staying at newport bay) does anyone know if there is a limit on what time you have to return to hotel to collect bags?

We were hoping to stay and watch dreams and head to hotel after to collect bags and check in, im guessing this would probably be around 9pm if dreams starts at 8.  

Is check in busy around this time?  Am trying to plan so that things run as smoothly as possible as i am travelling with 7 year old twins and youngest is only 2 and a half and they will probably be tired and ready for bed by then!

Any tips hugely appreciated thank you

haribosmum

Hi, have you booked Disney Express, as far as I know it's not automatically added to holidays (I fell foul of that a few years back assuming that as had booked all as a package it was included).

When I have used it in the park there is no limit on when you need to go back to the hotel.  I think the baggage and check in will be open all the time.  I'm not sure if Newport bay has breakfast slots but that is the only thing with checking in late that you may not have much of a choice (v early or v late)

What I've done before is arrived on Eurostar - headed straight to the park then gone to hotel around 5pm and then back into the park.  It would probably take about an hr to walk over, check in and walk back.  but depends on if you're trying to maximise your park time on the first day?  

have a fab time :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

ryanc

Thank you, we have booked through disney so disney express is automatically included.

We have a table booked at silver spur steakhouse at 5.30 and are hoping to watch dreams and have a look around the park on our first afternoon, kids are definately going to want to go straight into the park, so i think checking in later will be our best option.

Happy to have breakfast early to avoid breakfast queues and make most of EMH the following day, so hopefully this will be okay. Was thinking about 7am, is this normally a popular slot?
thanks

haribosmum

7am is likely to be the times left so that shouldn't be a problem and will work out good for EMH so am sure you'll be fine :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

captain rocket

You should ask at reception if they have the option to dine in the park one day for breakfast! And If they do the advice from Elaine, our most prolific expert on all things Disney, is to go into the park for early magic hours and then have breakfast when the gates are opened to everyone. This will give you a nice break before the rest of your day.

ryanc

thanks for that will defo ask about breakfast in park sounds a great idea .

Elaine

the baggage store at all the onsite hotels stay open until 10pm usually, so you'd need to be back at your hotel by then on your first evening to collect your luggage and take it to your room.

And yes, a 9.15 or 9.30 timeslot for breakfast in the park is just about perfect, if like me you're not keen on eating breakfast in the middle of the night (think about it 7am in France is really 6am UK time).