Tomorrowland

Started by Rocketeer, January 28, 2013, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Brad Bird's current project '1952' has now been renamed 'Tomorrowland' and given a US release date of 19th December 2014. George Clooney has reportedly signed on to star.

Let the speculation begin!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I'm very curious about that one... In fact Disney has many interesting Projects at the moment... looking forward to finally see them all... :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Rocketeer

D23 has a little write up on the '1952' box that was photographed on Twitter.

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/02/d ... -box-1952/

I guess that you can read all sorts into what they're hinting at with it. Could it be about the creation of Disneyland or The EPCOT Project? Could it just be about futurism in the fifties?

This is going to keep us guessing for ages!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

/film.com has was could very well be the plot of this film:

Short version:
[spoiler:3dzpjayd]
QuoteA teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth.
[/spoiler:3dzpjayd]

and in a bit more detail:
    [spoiler:3dzpjayd]
QuoteThe "Tomorrowland" that they keep referring to in this break-down appears to be a place where science has blown past the world we live in, and when Frank Walker was a young man, he first encountered the promise of Tomorrowland at the 1964 World's Fair.  David Nix was there, showing off his own work, and he told Walker to come back when he was older and his inventions actually worked.  A girl named Athena saw great promise in 11-year-old Frank, though, and she snuck him into Tomorrowland.  Eventually, Frank was discovered by Nix and thrown out, but not before learning that the girl he loved, Athena, was actually a robot.

By the time we meet Frank in the film, he's much older, and George Clooney is set to play the part.  Nix is the role that Hugh Laurie is signed for, and by the point the main story of the film kicks in, Nix has been in charge of Disneyland for many years, and he's become rotten, corrupt.  Athena, unchanged since Frank was a young man, plays a key role in the film, and the hero is a girl named Casey who has a quick scientific mind that becomes important as the story unfolds.  Nix is a guy who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking, and when he throws Frank out of Tomorrowland, he's not alone.  Every creative thinker is banished, allowing Nix to focus purely on aesthetics and technical advancement for its own sake.
[/spoiler:3dzpjayd]
http://www.slashfilm.com/heres-what-bra ... lly-about/

HildeKitten

The teaser trailer isn't giving away much, I'm hoping that a proper full trailer will be out soon, considering this is a movie that's supposed to be released this year.