Holiday inn ashford

Started by mdw, January 20, 2013, 12:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdw

Hi, we are staying at the holiday inn in Ashford the night before we travel on the eurostar. Has anyone done this before? We are in a family room, does anyone know if the sofa bed turns into two singles or into a double please? We have free taxis to the train station, we have a 3 and 5 year old, what do we do about car seats? We are leaving the car at the hotel for 4days so will get a free taxi back included in the package. Apparently there's a shopping centre near by, is it walking distance? What is it called? Will have a look online.

Thanks in advance

Mdw  :ears:  :ears:  :mickey2:  :mickey2:

Epcot_Boy

On all of my trips to DLP I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ashford the night before (My next trip I won't be however, going from Ebbsfleet) but that has nothing to do with the Hotel, it's a fine hotel :D
I also use the Taxi tokens available in the 'Eurostar Package', they are very handy, and very reliable. The taxi journey takes about 10 minutes and I have never encounted any traffic problems :)
You can normally get the front desk to make your taxi booking for you on your outward journey and there is a direct phone to the taxi company in the station. It's on your left hand side just as you come out of customs. I've never encountered any problems with a return Taxi, ten minutes wait maximum :thumbs:
Unfortunately I have never used a Family room and I'm not sure where they are situated in the Hotel, but if your staying on a Friday or Saturday night ask to get one as far away from the bar as possible, it can be a little noisy, nothing major mind you.
As regards the child seats check here............//https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules/when-a-child-can-travel-without-a-car-seat

Have a great trip :thumbs:

David

mdw

Thank you!! We are staying on a Sunday night so should be ok with noise. Thank you so much :-) soooo excited!

claire2281

I presume by shopping center you mean the designer outlet and no it's not really within walking distance from your hotel. It's a little further away than the station in fact (they're virtually next to each other). On the bright side there's a really lovely Harvester just across the road from the Holiday Inn if you're looking for a good priced family meal.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne