Dreams do come true

Started by Rafael, January 16, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

Hi guys!

I think I am ready to write a new report. This time about a trip that I thought would never happen. As I said in my previous report, traveling from Brazil to DLP is not cheap. Quite the contrary. It is pretty expensive. That is why I imagined a trip to this magical place would be a once in a life time experience.  I was sure I would never step my foot there again and I was fine with this idea. However, after visiting DLP last year, when  we got home, I was already dying to visit this place again, specially writing the report and then reading other people's reports and all the buzz about the 20th anniversary and Disney's Dreams. The idea of going back to DLP after just one year was insane, but a dreamed we would go back and my dream came true.  Thankfully my partner Helio joined me in this dream and we spent 2012 planning a new trip.  The dream ended up getting bigger and we decided to spend almost a month in Europe. As we were going to spend a lot with the airline tickets, we decided that it would be worth to spend more time, however on a tight budget. Actually the trip is still going on right now.

First we traveled from Natal, Brazil to Paris on December 28th and stayed there until January 10th. From Dec. 28th until Jan. 6th we stayed at the hotel Ibis, in Val d'Europe. It was the cheapest option for us taking in consideration the price and the location. It is only a few meters from the RER station, one stop away from DLP and convenient to visit Paris as well. From Jan. 6th up to Jan. 10th we stayed at the Cheyenne, as we got a good deal on Expedia. Following the advices that I had read here, we got dream annual passport and it was really great to do it. We got extra magic hour and discounts at the stores and restaurants. It was totally worthy it.

After that we flew to London, where we are now.  On the 24th we go back to Paris by Eurostar for one more day at DLP and then fly back to Brazil on the 25th.

Well, this was only the introduction. I will write more about the details of the trip and the amazing time we have spent at DLP. There is also the nice feeling of knowing that we will be able to see it again on the 24th. Will it be the last time?

I will post pictures when I get home. See you soon.

Ravenseye

That's lovely Rafael.  :D
It's true that some dreams DO come true and if we want something bad enough we do what we can to make it happen.
 I found that out myself last year when I decided to commit to take my son back to DLP in 2013 to celebrate his 21st Birthday. It's particularly special as he has enjoyed trips there since he was 4 and he happens to be the same age as Disneyland Paris too! It's symbolic and although i'm having to sacrifice alot to pay for it I knew I had to make the dream our reality!
Enjoy London and I look forward to reading your reports  :thumbs:
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Rafael

Quote from: "Ravenseye"That's lovely Rafael.  :D
It's true that some dreams DO come true and if we want something bad enough we do what we can to make it happen.
 I found that out myself last year when I decided to commit to take my son back to DLP in 2013 to celebrate his 21st Birthday. It's particularly special as he has enjoyed trips there since he was 4 and he happens to be the same age as Disneyland Paris too! It's symbolic and although i'm having to sacrifice alot to pay for it I knew I had to make the dream our reality!
Enjoy London and I look forward to reading your reports  :thumbs:

Hi Ravenseye,

It is exactly the way you said. We can make our dreams happen, but we have to sacrifice a lot in order to make it happen. But I think it is good this way. When we sacrifice in order to achieve something, when we get it, it is very special, right?

Talking about special, I believe celebrating your son's 21st Birthday at Disneyland Paris will be awesome. It is indeed very symbolic and I am sure you will have an amazing trip with him, even better than your dream.

Little mermaid 240

Hi

You are both right about dreams coming true even if they take time  :D

In my early twenties one of my dreams came true when disney opened a park in Europe so August 1992  I went with my husband, my mum and dad and 2 little sisters  :thumbs:  while there I promised myself I would get to stay in the Disneyland Hotel!

I have managed to get both in 2009 and 2012 with my husband and daughter but not the pink hotel ;)

Well it was then decided we would do the Disneyland Hotel for our Silver Wedding March 2014  :D  

But our daughter pointed out that she maybe in university by then and you couldn't do Disney without a child  :-" (even if she now 18)  Well with that in mind a change of plans we are going to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and the start of our Silver year in the Disneyland Hotel!

So even though I've waited a long time for my dream it now coming a year earlier  :D/
Little Mermaid x

natalie1313

Wow, what a wonderful trip you are having! it sounds amazing.

Im really happy for you, that you are living the dream! enjoy the rest of your trip Rafael :)

SwipatronSparks

just going on your intro i bet your trip has been so magical! cant wait to read your report!!! enjoy the rest of your holiday =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Epcot_Boy

Absolutely right Rafael, once is never enough :)  The only problem is..............neither is two.............or three :lol:  I'm sorry, but your bank balance is going to take a bashing in the years to come :lol:   mine has :-"

Anyhow, it sounds like your having a great time :thumbs:

I was wondering though, considering that you live in Brazil, would not Walt Disney World be nearer :-k

Look forward to the rest of your report.............and hope you continue to have a great time ;)

David

AislingM

What a lovely start to a report! I really really enjoyed your last one Rafael so I cant wait to read this one , hope your enjoying London and safe home back to Brazil!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Rafael

Quote from: "Little mermaid 240"Hi

You are both right about dreams coming true even if they take time  :D

In my early twenties one of my dreams came true when disney opened a park in Europe so August 1992  I went with my husband, my mum and dad and 2 little sisters  :thumbs:  while there I promised myself I would get to stay in the Disneyland Hotel!

I have managed to get both in 2009 and 2012 with my husband and daughter but not the pink hotel ;)

Well it was then decided we would do the Disneyland Hotel for our Silver Wedding March 2014  :D  

But our daughter pointed out that she maybe in university by then and you couldn't do Disney without a child  :-" (even if she now 18)  Well with that in mind a change of plans we are going to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and the start of our Silver year in the Disneyland Hotel!

So even though I've waited a long time for my dream it now coming a year earlier  :D/

Hi Littlemermaid240,

I loved reading your story and I am glad to know that your dream will come true very soon. It will be an unforgettable trip, right?

Rafael

Quote from: "natalie1313"Wow, what a wonderful trip you are having! it sounds amazing.

Im really happy for you, that you are living the dream! enjoy the rest of your trip Rafael :)

Hi Natalie,

Thank you so much for you comment. :)

Rafael

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"just going on your intro i bet your trip has been so magical! cant wait to read your report!!! enjoy the rest of your holiday =]

Hi SwipatronSparks,

The trip has been really great. I am really happy.
Thanks for the comment. :)

Ravenseye

Thank you, Rafael, how kind of you to say so.  :D   I will do all I can to make it memorable. (altho DLP will do most of that :D/ )  
Disneyworld 1990

BlackPearl

Hi, Rafael, just read your intro.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and I'm looking forward to read your trip report and see your photos  :D

Rafael

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Absolutely right Rafael, once is never enough :)  The only problem is..............neither is two.............or three :lol:  I'm sorry, but your bank balance is going to take a bashing in the years to come :lol:   mine has :-"

Anyhow, it sounds like your having a great time :thumbs:

I was wondering though, considering that you live in Brazil, would not Walt Disney World be nearer :-k

Look forward to the rest of your report.............and hope you continue to have a great time ;)

Hi Epcot_boy,

I can't even think about bank balance right now...lol. I will have to deal with it when I get home. Lol.  Yeah, dreams have a price... So you are telling me two won't be enough, right? I was kinda suspecting it would happen...lol. Maybe the opening of Ratatouille could be an excuse... NO! NO! NO! I can't even consider this possibility!

We had considered the possibility of going to WDW this year instead, but the desire to visit Disneyland Paris again was much stronger. I think this forum has been one of the reasons I fell in love with DLP. I started visiting everyday and started caring about the resort,, its history and issues. It became a place that is far more special than just a holiday destination. Does it make sense?

Ravenseye

I find myself nodding with approval at your last post Rafael. DLP is indeed more than just another 'destination', it's truly special.
However, maybe you need to have the Disney spirit within to feel that way about it. Not everyone that visits must get that feeling of course (I know, I know, it's difficult to imagine  :? ) In that case I count myself as one of the lucky ones!  =D
Disneyworld 1990