Using Hotel Bars and Restaurants

Started by logic500, July 01, 2012, 12:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logic500

My family and I like to use the bars in the various Disney hotels for a quick drink, and a change of scenery. We've had drinks at the bar at Hotel Cheyenne, Hotel New York, Sequoia Lodge etc, but we've never been in the Disneyland Hotel at the entrance. I assume that like the other hotels, you don 't have to be a resident to use the bar?

Has anyone popped into the Café Fantasia for a quick drink? Don't know why but the hotel seems much more imposing, and I fear that someone will ask us if we're staying there :-)
May 1992]

Elaine

the Disneyland hotel is just like all the others, you can go in and visit the public areas of the hotel as a non-resident, use the gift shop, the restaurants and the bar. Its fine, no-one will even bat an eye. Go and enjoy - you could even have tea and waffles there in the afternoon if you prefer.

logic500

That's great, many thanks Elaine... we'll give it a go in August.. and be guilt free :-)
May 1992]

Ravenseye

Strange, but true, we have never been in another hotel to browse or eat or enjoy a drink during our trips. I reckon it's because we were way too busy doing rides and generally soaking up every Disney second, but I also did not know we COULD! For someone who is Disney (DLP in particular) mad, i'm ashamed to say I had no idea until I used this forum. :oops:
Our trip this year will be even more exciting now I know we can go 'nose' around the others.  :thumbs:
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Zee79

Same here. When we went as a family the other year we were in separate hotels (cheyenne and santa fe) so we used both because we thought we were residents in both. In summer we stayed off site but had passes so used the santa fe one night, we were paying customers and since been there so often it didn't feel odd but didnt realise we could use the dearer hotels esp the disneyland hotel. You learn something new every day. I once went into the New york whilst kids were on the ice rink but felt as if staff were staring so left haha.

brenjo

Have always popped into Disneyland Hotel for a drink on way out of Park each trip!  There is a particularly nice time of day when the characters come out to dance on the stairs and down into lobby - about 4pm I think....my girls used to love this and there was always time to 'catchup' with the characters at this - not too many people around!  Assume it is still the same?

Elaine

yes, on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays they still have the characters in the Disneyland Hotel (its either 4pm or 5pm, but its advertised in advance in the lobby of the hotel).